Deer Skins Wanted

C

CoyoteIndigo

What do you do with your deer skins. I am always on the lookout for deer skins or any other raw skins or furs you might have.:elaine:

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I tanned one of my cow's skins years ago and I have it still tacked up in the barn in Bandit's stall. It was a lot of work and I haven't tried doing another since. The kids had named him Chocolate Milk and were a bit sad to eat him. What ya going to do with the skins? If I get a deer given to me, I'll keep you in mind.

C

CoyoteIndigo

I tanned one of my cow's skins years ago and I have it still tacked up in the barn in Bandit's stall. It was a lot of work and I haven't tried doing another since. The kids had named him Chocolate Milk and were a bit sad to eat him. What ya going to do with the skins? If I get a deer given to me, I'll keep you in mind.

I braintan. That is the primitive method of tanning. I don't use brains anymore though, since the mad cow thing and all. Now I use eggs but they work just as well. The buckskin I turn out is great for clothing, bags, moc's and the like. I can also tan a hard hide--I use oak bark to do that and it takes many weeks to do. Both are quite labor intensive, but fun. I also teach if you are interested.