Defending Yourself From An Attack : Aussie Style

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
A better line...
As a rule, the law generally does not allow the carrying of anything that can be described as a weapon. This includes mace, spray dyes, most personal alarms, or any other items which have been specifically adapted, such as sharpened combs, knives carried for the purpose of self defence etc.
They want you to defend yourself, and you can prepare to do so, and you can be allowed to hunt for an item to use as a weapon (presuming you have first analyzed the situation and determined that using a weapon is proper)... but you can not carry an item that is actually designed to defend oneself.

Even if said 'weapon' is non-lethal (mace, et al) or may potentially hurt the attacker's ears (personal alarm). :rolleyes:

I thought Aussies were tough, but they sound more like us.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Areas of Vulnerability

Although it is not a police function to provide self defence training for community members, police can assist the community in effectively defending themselves by identifying a number of areas of vulnerability on an attacker.

The three primary target areas are:
  1. Eyes - if the attacker can’t see you, they are unable to continue with the attack.
  2. Throat - if an attacker cannot breathe, they will be unable to continue with the attack.
  3. Groin - if an attacker cannot stand, they will be unable to continue with the attack.
Other effective target areas include: the nose, kneecaps, ears, head and face of the attacker.

Can't fault any of those methods! :popcorn:

edinsomd

"In the case of an attack involving a knife or other weapons, use the ‘fantasy’ option to remove the threat of the weapon, to enable escape e.g. 'I’ve always fantasised about this happening to me, but the knife makes
me feel uncomfortable.'..";

YGTBSM! :killingme

No mention of the Mozambique Drill, I notice.

YouTube - "Mozambique Drill"

BOP

A better line...They want you to defend yourself, and you can prepare to do so, and you can be allowed to hunt for an item to use as a weapon (presuming you have first analyzed the situation and determined that using a weapon is proper)... but you can not carry an item that is actually designed to defend oneself.

Even if said 'weapon' is non-lethal (mace, et al) or may potentially hurt the attacker's ears (personal alarm). :rolleyes:

Pussies?

Pushrod

Patriot
A better line...They want you to defend yourself, and you can prepare to do so, and you can be allowed to hunt for an item to use as a weapon (presuming you have first analyzed the situation and determined that using a weapon is proper)... but you can not carry an item that is actually designed to defend oneself.

We must be vigilent, or we risk suffering the same fate as Great Britain and Australia. Can you imagine not being able to even carry a sound alarm for self defence. Truely the criminals have more Rights there than the law abiding citizens.

Vince

One year after gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed, including semi-automatic .22 rifles and shotguns, a program costing the government over 500 million dollars, the results are in...

A dramatic increase in criminal activity has been experienced. Gun control advocates respond "Just wait... we'll be safer... you'll see...".

OBSERVABLE FACT, AFTER 12 MONTHS OF DATA:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2%
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6%
Australia-wide, armed-robberies are up 44% (yes, FORTY-FOUR PERCENT)
In the state of Victoria, homicides-with-firearms are up 300%
Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in homicides-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
Figures over the previous 25 years show a steady decrease in armed-robbery-with-firearms (changed dramatically in the past 12 months)
There has been a dramatic increase in breakins-and-assaults-of- the-elderly
At the time of the ban, the Prime Minister said "self-defense is not a reason for owning a firearm"
From 1910 to present, homicides in Australia had averaged about 1.8-per-100,000 or lower, a safe society by any standard.
The ban has destroyed Australia's standings in some international sport shooting competitions
The membership of the Australian Sports Shooting Association has risen to 112,000, a 200% increase, in response to the ban and as an attempt to organize against further controls, which are expected.
Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain how no improvement in "safety" has been observed after such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in "ridding society of guns". Their response has been to "wait longer".
If the gov't here ever tells me to give up my guns they are going to have a problem. "Ooopps, I must have lost them on that last fishing trip. They all fell overboard." :shrug:

Pushrod

Patriot
If the gov't here ever tells me to give up my guns they are going to have a problem. "Ooopps, I must have lost them on that last fishing trip. They all fell overboard." :shrug:

If the government jack-booted thugs (for that is what they will be) are ever sent to confiscate firearms from the citizens, and if those JBT's are ignorant enough to think they can just terrorize us into handing over our personal property, they are going to be in for a sad, bloody enlightenment.

I truelly believe that if that point ever came, most of the officers will turn on their masters and refuse to do such an UnConstitutional thing. They are people just like us with families and lives pretty consistant with ours. They will understand that while they are going out against us, others of their ilk will be going out against their families and maybe even them. So I think most will stand with us.

Pete

Repete
I like the chapter on the effectiveness of screaming. We should all practice. This week when you are at Olive Garden waiting in line for an hour and a half you should randomly let out a guttural roar, generated from the depths of your diaphragm. The scream should be aggressive and ‘roar-like’ indicating your anger at the long wait, rather than a high-pitched squeal of fear that they may run out of breadsticks.