DEFUNCT Fast Food Restaurants from the past - Life in America

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I worked the summers of 77 and 78 for Burger Chef when a new location was built in my home town.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That "Gino SirLoiner" was orginally the "Tops Sir Loiner" before Tops got bought out.

tops-drive-inn_825x550.jpg

Clem72

I could have sworn Arctic Circle went out of business 20-30 years ago, but I looked them up and apparently they still have 71 stores. It's just that most of them are in Utah, and I have never more than driven through that state.

SamSpade

When Cheeseburger in Paradise left Wildewood, I just figured it wasn't doing well in that location.

Nope - they're gone. Whole chain is out of business.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Burger Chef was the first regional/national burger chain in my part of Western MD. Then came Micky D's.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Burger Chef was the first regional/national burger chain in my part of Western MD. Then came Micky D's.

1973 when the fam moved from Baltimore to Oxon Hill ... there was

Jack in the Box
Roy Rogers

further up Oxon Hill Rd towards the beltway was a McDonald's and a Wendy's near Esquire liquors

McDonald's came later to Livingston Sq, 1978

I think the Jack in the Box was a Burger Chef in 1973 ... that changed later in the 80s

stgislander

PREMO Member
1973 when the fam moved from Baltimore to Oxon Hill ... there was

Jack in the Box
Roy Rogers

further up Oxon Hill Rd towards the beltway was a McDonald's and a Wendy's near Esquire liquors

McDonald's came later to Livingston Sq, 1978

I think the Jack in the Box was a Burger Chef in 1973 ... that changed later in the 80s
And here I thought Jack in the Box was a West Coast only thing.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I remember the one on St Barnabas Road. After it closed and became something else, co-workers and I would eat there - we called it ‘The Mean Lady Diner’ because of one of the waitresses nasty attitude.
I remember going to one in Mountain View, CA when I was a kid.