Defund the Police - You Are Left Begging Criminals to Stop Murdering People

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Portland Police Beg For Community Help As Murder Rate Surges

Portland has been home to violence for months, with an ongoing, nightly demonstration by “anti-fascist” elements, that has often resulted in significant property damage and multiple arrests. But now, the police say, the number of shootings and murders in the city 2020 are nearly double those of 2019, according to Fox News.

“At least 850 shootings have been reported in Portland as of Dec. 24, with 59 reported so far this month, Portland Police Bureau (PPB) statistics show. There were 33 shootings reported in December of last year,” Fox News notes. “As of Christmas Eve, this year’s shootings had surpassed last year’s by more than 116%, with 393 shootings reported in all of 2019, statistics show.”

The numbers have Portland police, who have been the target of one of the most aggressive efforts to defund and disband law enforcement anywhere in the country, pleading with the community to step in and provide support.

“Gun violence has plagued our city at twice the rate of last year,” the city’s police chief, Chuck Lovell said in a video message posted to social media. “On average, someone is shot in Portland roughly every two days.”

Good

Stupidity should be painful, otherwise you don't learn

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Defunding The Police Will Mean More Shootings, Higher Taxes, And More Pain For The Poor

In Philadelphia in January, 25-year old Milan Loncar — a recent Temple University graduate and husband to be — was walking his dog when he was brutally gunned down in the streets of Philadelphia, the victim of an armed robbery that he did not resist. He died while still holding the leash of his rescue dog.

The gunman had a violent criminal history and should have been in jail the night of Loncar’s murder, but he had been released on reduced bail just two weeks prior. Due to the crack work of Philadelphia’s Finest, the 20-year old habitual criminal was apprehended within hours of the crime. But what if the police were no longer on the job?

We should anticipate more senseless crimes like this in the days ahead fueled by radical public policies that call for defunding law enforcement and eliminating cash bail. The proponents of these policies envision a utopian state in which criminals repent, victims forgive, and we all merrily sit around the community campfire singing “Kumbaya.” The reality is likely to be far different.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm like a broken record.....

The people of Portland (and other cities) obviously want this. If they didn't, they wouldn't vote for it. It doesn't take a genius to see the causal relationship between increased crime and lack of police presence. The residents of these cities know what's causing the increase in crime and they don't care. They know who is causing the spike in crime, and they don't care.

Since the residents of these cities like being violent crime victims, and it's unlikely to affect me in any way, I say have at it. Whenever I see some whiner on TV complaining about the crime or lockdowns or whatever in their city, I mentally ask them, "Who did you vote for?" Because it's more than likely that they voted for the person who implemented all of the things they're griping about. And they will go on to vote for that person again.

So, you know....to hell with them. Vote better or STFU.

BOP

There is a good reason for these people to be out of jail
Their votes are wanted by a certain party.
At least until they get enough brown people from below our southern border to take their places.

BOP

I'm like a broken record.....

The people of Portland (and other cities) obviously want this. If they didn't, they wouldn't vote for it. It doesn't take a genius to see the causal relationship between increased crime and lack of police presence. The residents of these cities know what's causing the increase in crime and they don't care. They know who is causing the spike in crime, and they don't care.

Since the residents of these cities like being violent crime victims, and it's unlikely to affect me in any way, I say have at it. Whenever I see some whiner on TV complaining about the crime or lockdowns or whatever in their city, I mentally ask them, "Who did you vote for?" Because it's more than likely that they voted for the person who implemented all of the things they're griping about. And they will go on to vote for that person again.

So, you know....to hell with them. Vote better or STFU.
The only issue I have with that argument is that those very same idiots who voted for those policies eventually get tired of being on the receiving end of those policies* and move to where we live.

*I almost said they get tired of being victims of those policies, but clearly, they never get tired of being victims; even vicariously.