"Defund the police"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is their new demand and I vote yes.

Every city that doesn't want a police force shouldn't have to have one. Pull the cops out of those shitholes - firefighters and EMT, too - and let them fend for themselves. If they have an emergency or one of those starlets gets an intruder, **** them. They can figure it out.

No more NYPD. No more LAPD. No more cops in St. Louis or Chicago or Baltimore. Those jobs suck anyway and the decent people who make up the police force could find much better jobs somewhere nice.

I am fully in favor of letting these people have what they want.

Oh, and since they wanted these riots and destruction, there should be NO federal funds to help them rebuild.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
20,000 NYC cops skipped work for 5 days back in 1971. So it's been done before. They may have to stay out a week or 2 for the full effect to get everyone's attention.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

20,000 NYC cops skipped work for 5 days back in 1971. So it's been done before. They may have to stay out a week or 2 for the full effect to get everyone's attention.

They don't have to stay home. Just drive around ignore or delay radio calls and pay no attention to what is going on around them.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
@vraiblonde here you go.
https://laist.com/latest/post/20200603/Nury-Martinez-Budget-Cut-LAPD-Protests-Peoples-Budget
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-...-calls-to-defund-the-lapd-echoed-in-protests/

Just waiting for unanswered calls for service to show up in black neighborhoods. You can bet your ass that if a call for service comes out of a more affluent area vs. less affluent, guess where the response will go? Then you'll get to hear more keening and wailing about "racism".

Because it WILL be racism.

Note that the people living in high crime areas - they aren't calling to defund police. It's just white elitists who live behind a gate and have security. The people who live in sketchy neighborhoods by and large appreciate police because they are most at risk.

DaSDGuy

Every city that doesn't want a police force shouldn't have to have one. Pull the cops out of those shitholes - firefighters and EMT, too - and let them fend for themselves. If they have an emergency or one of those starlets gets an intruder, **** them. They can figure it out.

No more NYPD. No more LAPD. No more cops in St. Louis or Chicago or Baltimore. Those jobs suck anyway and the decent people who make up the police force could find much better jobs somewhere nice.

Oh, and since they wanted these riots and destruction, there should be NO federal funds to help them rebuild.
Interesting. I wonder how long people living a real-life version of the Purge will last before changing their minds?

BOP

Good plan.

Now, tell us how you're going to keep the scum-sucking bastards from trying to escape the hell-hole they have/will have created and infecting the rest of the country with their own special brand of evil insanity.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Quotas are racist
Guess that depends on your point of view. If it means I have to hire a minimum number of a given demographic, typically that demographic doesn't have a problem with the quota.
Notice I said "demographic", it could be male/female. Pick any group identity that believes they are under represented and quotas work for them.
Until you address the demands from another group, then we get into who has more preference points and gets higher billing in the quota wars.

DaSDGuy

Guess that depends on your point of view. If it means I have to hire a minimum number of a given demographic, typically that demographic doesn't have a problem with the quota.
Notice I said "demographic", it could be male/female. Pick any group identity that believes they are under represented and quotas work for them.
Until you address the demands from another group, then we get into who has more preference points and gets higher billing in the quota wars.
When it comes to hiring, the best person for the job is the only criteria. Anything else is wrong and only creates more problems for the people passed over for the job they deserved. You want the job? Make yourself the best person. Making you fit into a job you are lesser qualified for should not be my problem nor the problem of the other employees who have to make up the slack.

DaSDGuy

I usually ask - "if someone was to OPERATE on your BRAIN - would you want the BEST SURGEON - or the best (person of a given demographic)?"
I agree with your point but the simile is not applicable. I lost my mind years ago. Try raising 5 teenagers.

SamSpade

I agree with your point but the simile is not applicable. I lost my mind years ago. Try raising 5 teenagers.

I have one, with a disability. He more than fills my insanity quota - and I have two more behind him.

I do ask that sometimes, because my daughter has a surgeon who is, at best, anti-social and condescending - most of the time, he's a jerk.
He is on the other hand, widely known as THE gold standard for the work he does. My wife and I are in complete agreement we'd rather have a complete ******* working on our daughter than a congenial one of lesser skill.

If I need to hire someone for a job, I'd like the best person available although depending on the kind of work - say, working on my house - my budget might be more along the lines of who is the best person I can afford. If I'm paying a kid to rake my leaves, I'm going to pick the most reliable and best performing or recommended kid. Beyond that, I really don't think it should matter.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I usually ask - "if someone was to OPERATE on your BRAIN - would you want the BEST SURGEON - or the best (person of a given demographic)?"
This is a problem for minorities who do succeed, particularly doctors.
Some are going to assume they are only there because of a quota and not for their expertise.
In effect, quotas are degrading to them.

On the flip side, I worked with a really sweet lady, she was older and totally incompetent.
To the point where they were paying someone to do her job.
Her attitude was that when she was ready for a promotion, she would just look around and question the lack of black faces in the room.
No need to compete,, just play the race card. It's a great card to play, it allows you to get away with anything.
Don't discipline me or I'll play the card. I watched that fiasco go down as well.

BOP

This is a problem for minorities who do succeed, particularly doctors.
Some are going to assume they are only there because of a quota and not for their expertise.
In effect, quotas are degrading to them.

On the flip side, I worked with a really sweet lady, she was older and totally incompetent.
To the point where they were paying someone to do her job.
Her attitude was that when she was ready for a promotion, she would just look around and question the lack of black faces in the room.
No need to compete,, just play the race card. It's a great card to play, it allows you to get away with anything.
Don't discipline me or I'll play the card. I watched that fiasco go down as well.