Delmarva marshlands threatened by furry "nutria"

mamatutu

mama to two
I was raised in N. O. Louisiana, and lived in Houston TX until I moved to MD 18 years ago. Sorry, those dang nutria must have hitchhiked in my moving boxes. :lol: Seriously, though, they really can be a big problem. They originally came to the US from S.A.

The Nutria Are Here

BOP

I was raised in N. O. Louisiana, and lived in Houston TX until I moved to MD 18 years ago. Sorry, those dang nutria must have hitchhiked in my moving boxes. :lol: Seriously, though, they really can be a big problem. They originally came to the US from S.A.

The Nutria Are Here

So, they're illegal aliens. Or undocumented workers. Oh, wait...here in Blue Maryland, they're "New Americans."

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
That stupid cry or squeal they do in the middle of the night is one of the worst parts of having them in the area.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Don't forget the fire ants! :thewave:

These are the reason I am so glad I have a riding mower and a screened in pool. I rarely ever go "outside". I dread when I have to use the weed eater, I dress like it's the middle of winter when it's 90 degrees out just to avoid getting bit by one of these little monsters.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They destroyed my marsh along the creek side in nothing flat a couple years ago. My boy and I hunted them ruthlessly for one summer, once I finally discovered them and the damage they were doing, and got rid of the colony but it was too late for my waterfront...had to rip-rap it with stone after the storms took all the hopelessly swiss-cheesed marsh away.