Democrats being Democrats!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Leftist Group Fueling Democrat Senate Campaigns is at Center of Attacks on Amy Coney Barrett’s Children

The leftist PAC NextGen America’s Managing Director, John Lee Brougher, is behind attacks on Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s adopted children, roping several Democrat U.S. Senators and Senate candidates into the smears on her family.

This weekend, as Breitbart News reported, before President Donald Trump even formally nominated Barrett to fill the Supreme Court vacancy left behind by the passing of the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Brougher leveled vicious personal smears against her, questioning the legitimacy of the adoptions she and her husband made of two children from Haiti.

“As an adoptee, I need to know more about the circumstances of how Amy Coney Barrett came to adopt her children, and the treatment of them since,” Brougher wrote in a tweet. “Transracial adoption is fraught with trauma and potential for harm, and everything I see here is deeply concerning.”

limblips

PREMO Member
Leftist Group Fueling Democrat Senate Campaigns is at Center of Attacks on Amy Coney Barrett’s Children

The leftist PAC NextGen America’s Managing Director, John Lee Brougher, is behind attacks on Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s adopted children, roping several Democrat U.S. Senators and Senate candidates into the smears on her family.

This weekend, as Breitbart News reported, before President Donald Trump even formally nominated Barrett to fill the Supreme Court vacancy left behind by the passing of the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Brougher leveled vicious personal smears against her, questioning the legitimacy of the adoptions she and her husband made of two children from Haiti.

“As an adoptee, I need to know more about the circumstances of how Amy Coney Barrett came to adopt her children, and the treatment of them since,” Brougher wrote in a tweet. “Transracial adoption is fraught with trauma and potential for harm, and everything I see here is deeply concerning.”

I wish these people would all smoke a gun.

Hijinx

Part of that crazy Senator Kennedy spoke of.
I am not fond of inter racial adoptions either, but I am accused more then once of being a racist.
Why is this POS not being charged with racism for his statement.

When I see this rich assed football player Kaepernick who was raised by a white family, but totally forgot who raised him I see the error of it, but to say he or these children were somehow abused is just plain crazy.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Are Hollywood's interracial adoptions fraught with trauma? Or does that only happen when conservatives do the adopting?

SamSpade

Generally, this is similar to my main beef with UNICEF, which has opposed international adoption.

The problem is in many of these countries there are FAR MORE children than there are people to adopt them - so most will never be adopted by anyone. WORSE, if they are never adopted, these nations have very few resources to help them once they're too old for orphanages.

So - not being adopted and largely having no skills, social or jobwise - their life expectancy is short.

But according to UNICEF, that is still preferable to them being removed from their culture or nation. I can't begin to understand this reasoning - better that these children DIE in their own culture or be raised in an orphanage than given a chance to prosper albeit in a new culture and likely a parent of a different race.

Admittedly, many of these countries are TRYING to do what the U.S. has mostly succeeded in doing - create a foster system, promote adoption within the countries (MANY nations have this stigma against orphans - that they're inferior and belong to someone else) but it is taking a long time and children don't stop growing up while the government figures out how to get its act together.

An example - which is old and old data - is Russia, where my first child is from. At last count - from memory - they had approximately 750,000 kids in orphanages and fewer than 10,000 are adopted in any year (and Russia is currently closed to American parents). Many are not actually "adoptable" - they actually have parents who just can't afford to rasie them, and the last time I read, if they visit their children something like a few times a year, they are not available. So - an overwhelming portion will never have parents. China has a similar situation, but with fewer orphans - or at least orphans in state run facilities - fact is a lot of kids are just simply abandoned - or killed.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
China has a similar situation, but with fewer orphans - or at least orphans in state run facilities - fact is a lot of kids are just simply abandoned - or killed.

I wouldn't be surprised if China wasnt' using them for labor pools and involuntary organ donors.

SamSpade

Does it surprise ANYONE that the Left has decided to focus on her ADOPTIONS - and not her qualifications as a Justice?

To these guys NOTHING is off-limits.

You know, prior to Bork - SCOTUS nominees weren't a battle. Heck a few were approved by acclamation - yea or nay voice vote.

SINCE THEN every Republican nomination has had a fight. (Except Souter)
Only ONE Democrat nomination was defeated before a vote was called - the others were all approved, some by very large votes.
Looking back at SCOTUS nominees where the Democrats fiercely opposed - I am trying to find even one instance where the nay vote wasn't straight down the line. Ah. Roberts. Dems didn't fight him.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Does it surprise ANYONE that the Left has decided to focus on her ADOPTIONS - and not her qualifications as a Justice?

To these guys NOTHING is off-limits.

:yay: And they've been escalating for 30+ years.

SamSpade

That's ghoulish.

One of the objections people in Ethiopia had was, they believe Americans were adopting children to harvest their organs. Aside from being bizarre, it's as ridiculous as the stories of people waking up to find a kidney removed - as if someone ghoulish enough to steal your kidney would give a rat's ass about you being ALIVE when they were done. The idea that people would endure two years of paperwork, home study, accounting, fingerprinting, numerous visits to immigration, have everything notarized AND apostilled - go through all THAT - just to steal their organs? Why not just GRAB some kid in our country?

The other rumor was Americans just wanted basically a household slave. Again, if you wanted to do something MASSIVELY unethical and ghoulish you sure wouldn't do it in a way that exposes every single aspect of your life and identity. I think these people think adoptive parents just show up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One of the objections people in Ethiopia had was, they believe Americans were adopting children to harvest their organs.

I have a Friend in Kenya, she sent me this video, the Gov had the military beating the bush and blowing whistles trying to herd locusts