Democrats Reject Republican Attempts To Prevent Stimulus Checks From Going To Prisoners, Illegal Aliens

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Republican Sens. Tom Cotton (AR), Ted Cruz (TX), and Bill Cassidy (LA) offered an amendment on the Senate floor to block prisoners from being able to receive stimulus checks, which was blocked in a 49-50 vote.

“The bill includes $1400 stimulus checks for individuals who make less than $75,000,” Fox News reported. “Inmates are included among those who receive stimulus checks, just as they were in both of the previous Covid relief bills that offered $1,200 and $600 checks.”

Cotton responded by highlighting some of the heinous criminals locked up in the U.S. justice system who will receive money in Biden’s stimulus deal.

“Dylann Roof murdered nine people. He’s on federal death row. He’ll be getting a $1,400 stimulus check as part of the Democrats’ ‘COVID relief’ bill,” Cotton tweeted. “Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Bomber, murdered three people and terrorized a city. He’ll be getting a $1,400 stimulus check as part of the Democrats’ ‘COVID relief’ bill.”

Hijinx

They voted democrat of course they should be getting the rewards for doing so.

Does this need a sarcasm tag?

PeoplesElbow

Ok while I dont agree with illegal aliens getting a check that could be debatable since they could spend it to stimulate the economy, but what can a prisoner do with that much cash besides promote illegal contraband and a black market in prision?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Ok while I dont agree with illegal aliens getting a check that could be debatable since they could spend it to stimulate the economy, but what can a prisoner do with that much cash besides promote illegal contraband and a black market in prision?
Put it on their commissary account. The price of Oodles of Noodles is going to skyrocket with all this free money the Fed is printing.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Someone watches OiTNB, I was thinking that same thing.
IDK what OiTNB is, but I've got a nephew that spent some time in the county lockup back when he was young and dumb. He said Ramen was better than cash, if you wanted contraband.

Bare-ya-cuda

Illegal aliens will western union the majority of their stimulus check back to their family in country of origin. It will stimulate an economy just not ours.

PeoplesElbow

IDK what OiTNB is, but I've got a nephew that spent some time in the county lockup back when he was young and dumb. He said Ramen was better than cash, if you wanted contraband.
Ah, Orange is the New Black on Netflix, show about lesbians in prision.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would like to see some cultbot explain to me why prison inmates should receive a stimulus check. Were they financially impacted by covid or something? Can they spend it and put it back into the economy?

:dork:

Hijinx

I would like to see some cultbot explain to me why prison inmates should receive a stimulus check. Were they financially impacted by covid or something? Can they spend it and put it back into the economy?

:dork:

I am not a cultbot, but I believe I know why they get Covid checks.

They vote Democrat.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'd give it to legal US resident prisoners before any illegal saw 1 red cent. Inmates can use the money to buy soap and toothpaste.

Hijinx

Let me ask this , we have thousands of illegals coming across every day. How long do you have to be in country to get a stimulus check.
Can you cross one day and apply for the check the next?