Democrats want to change the rules because they aren’t winning anymore

PeoplesElbow

That is what happens, every time someone on here talks about term limits that is why they want them, because the results of the election is not what they wish.

This_person

That is what happens, every time someone on here talks about term limits that is why they want them, because the results of the election is not what they wish.

Personally, I'd like to see the limit on the president removed, or, the same limit applied to Representatives.

I'd like to see the 17th repealed.

But, I think the main reason for the term limits discussion is that the parties control who gets elected instead of the people. Yes, you can vote for someone else as an individual, but the process was generated for an informed public and we no longer have that. Parties control who can get on a ballot (try and run without being one of the two major parties, and the rules for you are VERY different) by controlling the gerrymandered districts and who runs in a primary. Ask Eric Cantor, if you can find what he's doing today, what happens to a Representative who gets "primaried" (they've turned it into a verb).

Term limits are a lame attempt to fix the problem of political parties.