Derecho

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
CHIT.......

:cds: time to panic...

I hate not being in the "click" anymore.... :banghead:...... FML

John Z

if you will
Yes, the derecho last year sucked. Two minutes of wind, two trees down in our yard, power out for .... three days? No cell service, even when we drove to the middle of Waldorf.

rmorse

Crap... I don't have a garage. I rode the motorcycles into the house during last year's derecho. My girlfriend wasn't too thrilled about that lol. Oh well. Bikes are going in this week too.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My husband pulled me and our boys out of bed to go downstairs to the basement to wait it out the last time.

IMNEMT-B

I didn't think they could actually be forecasted days in advance? Thought the conditions had to be so spot on like the perfect storm. I have read some weatherman are stating that this forecast is very premature.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I didn't think they could actually be forecasted days in advance? Thought the conditions had to be so spot on like the perfect storm. I have read some weatherman are stating that this forecast is very premature.

would you rather it just hit??? or have some type of heads up ...even if it does not form as they are predicting?

Me.... I would rather have the heads up... and Im sure the utilites are glad of some type of heads up as they were blind sided last year.

just to give a comparison.... Irene took almost a day or so to blow thru and took out 75 - 80% of the customers.
the derecho came thru in less than a few hours and took out over 60% of the customers.

difference was utilities had crews on hand for Irene..... but not for the Derecho and it took a few days to get out of state crews there to help.

MarieB

They are getting better at forecasting when conditions might be just "right," for tornadoes, etc.

We haven't been relocated to between Chicago and Pittsburgh so I don't think there is a reason to panic yet.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
yeah, accuweather said the same thing. we still have 4 years to go folks, move along.....

but..... when was the last one you remember in the last 30yrs?

the tornados are getting worse, hurricanes getting worse... so is it set in stone somewhere that this could NEVER happen in back to back years?