DeSantis - Words, Tweets and Commentary

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So is that right? Has DeSantis bent the knee to Putin? Let’s look at his words and see what he actually said compared to the hysterical proclamations of the neoconservative set.

DESANTIS: While the U.S. has many vital national interests – securing our borders, addressing the crisis of readiness within our military, achieving energy security and independence, and checking the economic, cultural, and military power of the Chinese Communist Party – becoming further entangled in a territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia is not one of them. The Biden administration’s virtual “blank check” funding of this conflict for “as long as it takes,” without any defined objectives or accountability, distracts from our country’s most pressing challenges.

We have already pledged over $100 billion in military support to Ukraine. Only about half of that money has even been doled out at this point. What justification is there for the US to become “further entangled” in the conflict? The answer is quite obvious: There is none.

As a regional war, support for Ukraine makes sense as a way to degrade Russian military capability. Yet, further escalation directly works against US interests, both in regard to foreign policy and the world economy. The “as long as it takes” mindset is childish and naive. It ignores that war materials are finite, money is finite, and that every inch of Ukraine is not necessarily equal to the next. Should we allow Russia to overtake Kyiv? I don’t think so, but should we continue to shovel money into Ukraine so they can fight over territories that have been disputed since 2014? The answer should clearly be no.

Hijinx

I am not convinced that Zelenski is such a great leader that we should be helping him.
Perhaps we are helping him because he is like the new idea in America that Christians are not a good thing.
Christian hate and Nazism are not two of the things I approve of.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I am not convinced that Zelenski is such a great leader that we should be helping him.
Perhaps we are helping him because he is like the new idea in America that Christians are not a good thing.
Christian hate and Nazism are not two of the things I approve of.

We shouldn't be, and he is not great. They hate Christians. He is forcing the closing of a near 1000 year old Russian Orthodox Church.

Zelensky backs expulsion of Christian monks

The only achievement of the Biden regime is the shame it has brought upon America.