Desperately in need of a FARRIER

candypaddle

Hey all, I am in desperate need of a farrier, my normal farrier is booked solid and the person he recommended is also booked. In addition, the next 6 people I tried were all booked too. :bawl:

I've been trying to find someone for a month now, and in the meantime my horses gained a lot of wait that was lost over the winter and apparantly their hooves grew like crazy too. They are now really overgrown and I would really like someone to come out in the next 1-2 weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions on who I could call to come to the Pisgah area (between Indian Head & La Plata) to trim 2 well mannered geldings???

Thanks for any help!!!

mingiz

Horse Poor
now now Appy :lmao: But I do keep mine on a schedule year round also. :killingme
You could also try Ben Schumacher 249-298-2784

Appy Linda said Great to here it. Summer did great for her first long haul alone. Xrays were good. She gave her shots in the stifles (blister type) and said to go ahead and work her. If not doing better in 2-3 weeks she'll shoot her again.

candyjax84

Temperamental Artist
Frank Weaver (443) 624-0643
Keg Shoeing
Hot Shoeing
Corrective Shoeing available.

That's who we use. He has some good pricing and is always patient.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
now now Appy :lmao: But I do keep mine on a schedule year round also. :killingme
You could also try Ben Schumacher 249-298-2784

Appy Linda said Great to here it. Summer did great for her first long haul alone. Xrays were good. She gave her shots in the stifles (blister type) and said to go ahead and work her. If not doing better in 2-3 weeks she'll shoot her again.
mingz i have a wonderful magazine article on what i think you are experiencing with your filly. Do you want to meet me to pick it up? Rottncop and i will (probably) be doing the MAHA ride tomorrow.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Thanks Happy :huggy: I have read a few articles on it. Alot of her problem is that she has really never gotten alot of strength training. (YES My fault on that) I've had problems with health issues that restricted me to do any physical leg work. But i can say I'm better and she will be shipped to the farm so I have access to the round pen and we're gonna have fun. I knew Molesworth years ago from training pacers and trotters. I trust her judgement and so far I agree with her from my past experience. But keep that article in the truck. We're gonna hook up one day soon! Just gotta get my Sh*t together. Enjoy the ride tomorrow. It's not a bad place to ride. Easy to get to. :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
the article says NO round penning (too much lateral unequal stress on the sides of the stifle), straight flat work is great though. steady, consistent trotting builds up the correct muscles. I can prolly scan it and turn it into a .pdf if you're interested. it's got some good pix, that show what's happening.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
it's not really an injury, it's a sticky stifle (the patella sticks in place rather than sliding freely like it's suppose to do) the surrounding muscles need to be strengthened to move it correctly. If it's the same condition i'm thinking it is. Mingiz?

mrweb

Iron City
appyday said:
Dick Teachout natural hoof care (like Pete Ramsey) 301.994.2306 tell him Appy sent ya...

So I take it you dont keep yours on a schedule all winter? I do mine every 4 weeks..YEAR ROUND............
Dick Teachout is a good choice. Great guy!
icon14.gif

mingiz

Horse Poor
happyappygirl said:
it's not really an injury, it's a sticky stifle (the patella sticks in place rather than sliding freely like it's suppose to do) the surrounding muscles need to be strengthened to move it correctly. If it's the same condition i'm thinking it is. Mingiz?

Correct. I will be using poles and such in the round pen then take her out into hilly areas and go up & down. I'm going to see if the paint pony will be ok with being a pony horse. If she is then Ill pony her on the trail with me. Sure a pdf will be great. Well have a good ride at Cedarville. :howdy:

mrweb

Iron City
mrweb said:
Dick Teachout is a good choice. Great guy!
icon14.gif
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=p1441059 width="50%">Desperately in need of ...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>04-11-2006 10:17 AM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Tard</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:shrug:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Hey Appy Paint pony got her new pf flyers today so were ready to roll. :jameo: Let me know when you all decide to ride. All my critters are in Great Mills so I'm closer to ya. I can do afternoon rides, I get off at 2:30.. I know Sunday is out with Bunny day. If I don't talk to ya Have a good Easter.... :howdy: Still have your movies to give ya.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'm going to ride some RMH mares Friday (managed by the skin of my teeth to get off) and saturday is the LAST hay auction :frown:
But if i bring back a new horse i'll want to ride saturday afternoon, and could prolly convince Rottncop to go to St Mary's Lake.