PGPD Detectives Arrest Suspect For Stealing Multiple Airbags

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member

Michael Roane​

Detectives assigned to our Washington Area Vehicle Enforcement team have arrested and charged 30-year-old Michael Roane of the 600 block of Stretford Way in Landover. Roane is charged with thirty-five counts of theft-scheme, motor vehicle theft, tampering with motor vehicles and other related charges.

Following a lengthy investigation into airbag thefts, detectives with the WAVE team took Roane into custody on April 15th, 2021. At the time of his arrest, Roane was in a car reported stolen from Washington, DC., and was in possession of 13 airbags which had been stolen earlier in the day from Prince George’s County and Montgomery County.

The preliminary investigation revealed Roane targets airbags from Hondas and then sells them. The value of the recovered 13 stolen airbags is believed to be approximately $32,500. Roane is suspected of stealing more than 100 airbags in the region in recent months. Detectives continue to investigate the subsequent sale of some of those stolen airbags.

If anyone has information on regarding this case, they are urged to contact W.A.V.E detectives at 301-516-3788. Callers wishing to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477), go online at www.PGCrimesolvers.org, or use the “P3 Tips” mobile app (search “P3 Tips” in the Apple Store or Google Play to download the app onto your mobile device.) Please refer to case number 21-0016646.

Disclaimer: In the U.S.A., all persons accused of a crime by the State are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. See: https://so.md/presumed-innocence. Additionally, all of the information provided above is solely from the perspective of the respective law enforcement agency and does not provide any direct input from the accused or persons otherwise mentioned. You can find additional information about the case by searching the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Database using the accused's name and date of birth. The database is online at https://so.md/mdcasesearch . Persons named who have been found innocent or not guilty of all charges in the respective case, and/or have had the case ordered expunged by the court can have their name, age, and city redacted by following the process defined at https://so.md/expungeme.

UglyBear

Bastard !

In my old neighborhood there was a constant crime wave of airbag thefts . Those bastards were quick and sneaky: they broke into my neighbor’s Accord and removed the airbag while it was parked 20’ away from my living room, where I was watching TV at the time — didn’t hear a thing.

My neighbor was so pissed — the value of the bag on the black market is ~$200, while his deductible for the broken window, messed up steering column, new airbag was more than $1500. Plus the time to deal with the police, the insurance companies, getting the car towed to the repair shop... Low-level crime my a$$.

We always thought it was the local MS-13 chapter, surprised to see it was the DC demographic.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Bastard !

In my old neighborhood there was a constant crime wave of airbag thefts . Those bastards were quick and sneaky: they broke into my neighbor’s Accord and removed the airbag while it was parked 20’ away from my living room, where I was watching TV at the time — didn’t hear a thing.

My neighbor was so pissed — the value of the bag on the black market is ~$200, while his deductible for the broken window, messed up steering column, new airbag was more than $1500. Plus the time to deal with the police, the insurance companies, getting the car towed to the repair shop... Low-level crime my a$$.

We always thought it was the local MS-13 chapter, surprised to see it was the DC demographic.
On the street he go by Mac-a-roni.
He coo, he coo...

Ebonics aside, maybe the authorities should go Old Testament on his ass...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
charge him as a terrorist, every one of those contains an explosive charge