Deviated Septum Surgery - Who to Go To?

C

Charvette

Hello,

I've had severe sinus pressure for 26 years, since the day I was born... and I am almost positive it's due to my deviated septum. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good ENT doctor to go to to have it corrected? I'm tired of feeling like crap, I don't want to look different, I don't want to change the shape of my nose, I just want to correct the problem that has been causing me so much pain, misery and time so I can get on with my life.

Can anyone here help? I live in the stevensville area of Maryland, willing to travel to Pennsylvania, West Virginia/Virginia or even New York if need be...

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I had Dr Cindy Daly in Leonardtown do mine and all went well. Somehow in the process it also helped my allergies as well :yay:

C

Charvette

thanks, jwwb2000. I'm curious to know exactly what you had done and what were you symptoms beforehand?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Wirelessly posted (PalmCentro/v0001 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D061; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

deviated septum...broken nose too many times

she was able to make the passages way to be able to breathe and not snore due to lack of breathing

C

Charvette

Thanks guys, anyone have anymore information on her? I made an Appt to see her soon, and I was wondering if anyone had a picture of her at least?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Wirelessly posted (PalmCentro/v0001 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D061; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

no pic of her but she is a no bullshiat doc. will tell you how it is......

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!

When I asked her if I did nothing for my apnea she looked at me and said, "you will probably die in your sleep in your mid forties."

jwwb2000

pretty black roses

flomaster said:

When I asked her if I did nothing for my apnea she looked at me and said, "you will probably die in your sleep in your mid forties."

:lmao:

like I said.........a no bllshiat doc

C

Charvette

:lmao:

like I said.........a no bllshiat doc

well that's a good thing because I'm a no bull#### person. I HATE talking to cocky and arrogant doctors who just want to smile and tell you that you need medication, etc and then boot you out of their office within minutes.

I was always under this... "bizarre" idea that somehow if you're a doctor you're supposed to spend time with your patient and talk about everything ailing you.... this is a past time I unfortunately never got to experience.

jsouthan

Hello,

I've had severe sinus pressure for 26 years, since the day I was born... and I am almost positive it's due to my deviated septum. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good ENT doctor to go to to have it corrected? I'm tired of feeling like crap, I don't want to look different, I don't want to change the shape of my nose, I just want to correct the problem that has been causing me so much pain, misery and time so I can get on with my life.

Can anyone here help? I live in the stevensville area of Maryland, willing to travel to Pennsylvania, West Virginia/Virginia or even New York if need be...

I also give a :yay: to Dr. Daly, as well. We took my son to see her when another ENT wanted to put tubes in. She said, hold on and try another class of antibiotics and for a month. We did... no more ear infections since and no tubes. I liked that she didn't just jump right to surgery like many other seemed to want to.

ohstate

I went to Dr. Picken at Washington ENT (downtown DC). I highly recommend her. My head was full of polyps. She uses computer guided endoscopy to do the surgery. No pain at all for me. Although having the packing stuffed up your nose for a week isn't much fun.

C

Charvette

ok so i just got back from Dr. Cindy Daly's office, she saw me for about 2 minutes and then kicked me out with a prescription and to setup an appointment to have a sleep apnea test done.

You all were right, she's a no bull#### type of doctor, very cocky and sure of herself and gets right to the point. But I was hoping she'd spend at least a little more time with me. Perhaps it would have helped had i got the sinus scan films to her instead of just the report on them. Oh well, we'll see what happens. I'll keep everybody posted I guess... or something.

thanks

C

Charvette

well i had the sleep apnea test a week ago from writing this, I'm sure the results will be scary but won't know until 2 weeks from now.

"Coincidentally", on the morning of the appointment that I had on the 25th of November with Dr. Cindy Daly, my Uncle died of Sleep Apnea... in his sleep.

It looks like I'll be looking somewhere in mid January for surgery.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Hello,

Dr. Strawberry in Annapolis is really great. He is a plastic surgeon but deviated septums are right up his alley!!

C

Charvette

ok, i had a Septoplasty and Turbinate mucous reduction done on Feb. 6th by Dr. Cindy Daly... and I must say she did an excellent job. My nose is still kinda crooked but what the hell she's not a plastic surgeon. I'm still waiting for friday to have the splints removed, will keep u all posted.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Dr. Daly, she really IS a good doctor and tells u just like it is. Awesome doc! I recommend her.

C

Charvette

so it seems i have a severe SPHENOID sinus infection that could eat away at my brain if i'm not careful... and i've had this thing for 26 years.

time for another surgery

Last edited by a moderator: