Devin: "Coach [Shanahan] was like, 'You guys reall

BuddyLee

Football addict
This article makes me smile about the future. It will be an interesting season.

Let's start with the new conditioning program. When speaking with Edwin, he told me there are a lot of changes:
Edwin: Before we'd do a lot of lifting...you just do what you want.
Hogs Haven: So there was no cardio put in place?
Edwin: Nah. They'd make you run 20 yards, and if you want, you can keep doing it.
Hogs Haven: Really? Jesus. And now? Edwin: The new regiment has a lot of twisting, calisthenics. It's really hard to do.
That might explain all the hammy's the past few seasons.
Probably the funniest part of the day was when Devin mentioned Shanahan's reaction to game film of last year.
Devin: "Coach [Shanahan] was like, 'You guys really ran this!?!?' I mean...our formations were so predictable...the way we lined up. They knew what we were running every time."
Hogs Haven: "Yea...and it's the 'execution'...right Zorn."
That line where Sherm Smith and Zorn for weeks said it was the execution not the play-calling that was the problem still irritates to me to no end. It's the coaches job to make the players execute and discipline them if they're not. Ugh, well, at least that 2 chapters of the story is over.

It was clear Devin is excited for how they plan to use them. They have multiple plays designed for him and by moving guys all around, the Redskins will no doubt have an exciting offense (and unpredictable to fans) again.

Devin Thomas Sheds Some Light on New Mike Shanahan Scheme - Hogs Haven