devinej

devinej

hey!

he's doing OK. he's good for the owner to ride around the pasture but gets a bit too exciting when trying to go out and about, some bucking rearing temper tantrums. he stays on, but doesn't know what to do about it. kids don't ride him other than leading around the pen.

but they are taking good care of him, he's gained some weight, hooves are good, likes his pony buddy. i've ridden him i think twice now, he feel fine to me.

mistymoofwf

live to ride
iv never had problems with him i wonder why hes acting out. maybe if they took the pony out with him he would do better?

devinej

iv never had problems with him i wonder why hes acting out. maybe if they took the pony out with him he would do better?

yep even with the pony he does it...i'm not sure, he's quite acrobatic sometimes. did you do much trail riding with him?

kelsiann

I was the one mostly trail riding him, he reared on me once before when another girl and her horse went galloping off into the field and I was holding him back. I don't remember any other times of him actually rearing or bucking, I might have had a crow hop with him going down hill before back to the barn.. But hes a really sensitive horse to pressure and has a tendency to freak out instead of take it like another horse would. Is he using a soft bit, and not being to hard with his hands? Or does he get nervous when he takes him out? Those are the only things I can think of that would make him do that.. Hes gotten jumpy before, but only prancing/trotting. Mostly he just wanted to take off, and no rearing/bucking fits.

Last edited:

devinej

yeah i think he's just a little too much horse for him. he uses just a plain full cheek snaffle. he does get nervous, and i encourage him to stay in the paddock and ride, but you know how that goes. i think arizona knows he's a green rider and takes advantage of it.

kelsiann

Yeah, Arizona has a pocket personality and he'd be great for a green rider if he was trained more but hes a green horse himself. Hopefully they'll start to understand each other..