Diabetics

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
How far has your sugar gone out of kilter? Last night I had about half a cup of ice cream and the sugar went up to 347, normally it close to 120 and has been low as 43. Just wondering what other peoples numbers are and have been.

dachsom

How far has your sugar gone out of kilter? Last night I had about half a cup of ice cream and the sugar went up to 347, normally it close to 120 and has been low as 43. Just wondering what other peoples numbers are and have been.

I was just diagnosed last Monday so I have only been testing since then. My numbers are ranging from 135 to 175 on tests done first thing in the morning, fasting. I am still learning about what to eat and when to eat. The biggest thing for me is no sugar. Artificial sweeteners are out since they usually give me a major migraine. I miss my Pepsi!!!

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!

Back in Feb I went to an urgent care for a kidney stone and I found out I had diabetes. My sugar was 485. But I wouldn't even have known if I didn't have that stone. I felt fine. Mine is higher in the morning, like between 180 and 220. But in the evening, its around 120. My mother has been fighting it for over 20 years. And her sugar is all over the place.

lam2

tickled~pink

What kind of ice cream, full sugar or no sugar added? Since my diagnosis at the end of last year I've not had readings above 160. Typically they run between the mid 80's and the low 100's.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
What kind of ice cream, full sugar or no sugar added? Since my diagnosis at the end of last year I've not had readings above 160. Typically they run between the mid 80's and the low 100's.
Ben and Jerry's boston cream pie.

NTNG

My issue is with carbs. So long as I stick with the carb plan, and excercise, I do OK. otherwise, my blood suger goes all to hell. Also found out that stress plays a large role in blood sugar levels as well.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Back in Feb I went to an urgent care for a kidney stone and I found out I had diabetes. My sugar was 485. But I wouldn't even have known if I didn't have that stone. I felt fine. Mine is higher in the morning, like between 180 and 220. But in the evening, its around 120. My mother has been fighting it for over 20 years. And her sugar is all over the place.
You probably would have figured it out when your vision got fuzzy.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

have you tried having a protein snack before bed? It really helps your sugar stabilize during the night to avoid a big peak in the morning. try a piece of turkey and a couple of whole grain crackers, or no sugar added peanut butter. a tiny snack before bed almost always took my patient's morning numbers down to more normal.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
have you tried having a protein snack before bed? It really helps your sugar stabilize during the night to avoid a big peak in the morning. try a piece of turkey and a couple of whole grain crackers, or no sugar added peanut butter. a tiny snack before bed almost always took my patient's morning numbers down to more normal.

No I haven't. After dinner I don't eat anything. I take my shot before I go to bed so I can't figure out why its high in the morning.

Can I be your new patient? :really:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
No I haven't. After dinner I don't eat anything. I take my shot before I go to bed so I can't figure out why its high in the morning.

Can I be your new patient? :really:

:killingme yes, here's my first prescription. eat a small snack before bed. the things I mentioned are good ideas. Nothing high in sugar, a couple carbs (not fast carbs, slow carbs, like whole grain) and protein.

sometimes when people's BS drops during the night, your body rebounds and your sugar goes up..(I am waaay oversimplifying:killingme there are many processes involved)

try the snack for a few days and see if that doesn't improve your numbers some.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
:killingme yes, here's my first prescription. eat a small snack before bed. the things I mentioned are good ideas. Nothing high in sugar, a couple carbs (not fast carbs, slow carbs, like whole grain) and protein.

sometimes when people's BS drops during the night, your body rebounds and your sugar goes up..(I am waaay oversimplifying:killingme there are many processes involved)

Ok Dr. Tyranny. I'll try that. I'll give it about a week to see if it helps and I'll let you know what happens.

My Dr. actually told me that nightmares can cause your BS to rise during the night. I said 'get outta here'. He said 'its true'. I said 'I've been dreaming about my ex-wife lately'. He said 'That'll do it'. True story.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!

How long did you wait to take your blood after you ate the ice cream?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I have a potentially dangerous job so if I'm in a position that a drop in blood sugar is going to be a factor I have a boost shake (diabetic version) beforehand.