Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia!

BrassieChic

BRITUSA said:
You can also have CD with NO SYMPTOMS. My daughter got diagnosed with it a few years back after having routine bloodwork for her Diabetes. Suprisingly she came pack positive for CD. The rest of us got tested and I sadly was the one that passed it on to her :( . Its a VERY hard diet to follow..... ESPECIALLY when you have NO symptoms. If anyone out there has this disease please Pm me

They've taken all the blood than can. I am going to a different doctor on 9/13 for a second opinion. WOW, no symptoms! Awww, you didn't do it on purpose! Do you have to follow the diet also? :howdy:

BrassieChic

Vince said:
My daughter has Fibromyalgia. Went round and round with medications for alot of years and believe it or not finally found one that works. Have to ask her what it is, but she didn't get it from a doctor. She got it from a pharmacist. Guess they know their meds.

WOW, I don't want to go through a million meds before I get some relief or the right mix! My hubby says thats why they call is "practicing" medicine. Her pharmacist huh?!* :jameo:

Vince

BrassieChic said:
WOW, I don't want to go through a million meds before I get some relief or the right mix! My hubby says thats why they call is "practicing" medicine. Her pharmacist huh?!* :jameo:
Got the name of the medication from a pharmacist, asked her doctor about it and got the prescription from her doctor.

BrassieChic

Vince said:
Got the name of the medication from a pharmacist, asked her doctor about it and got the prescription from her doctor.

Did you find out what it is? Well, I guess first I'm going to have this second opinion but in the meantime they've got me on a few different meds BUT the side effects are :buttkick:

Vince

BrassieChic said:
Did you find out what it is? Well, I guess first I'm going to have this second opinion but in the meantime they've got me on a few different meds BUT the side effects are :buttkick:
I'll email her today and ask.

Vince

BrassieChic said:
Thanks! I'm really interested in what she's on. How does she do with her FMD with this weather we're having???
Daughter is in college in Florida. Don't know if the weather affects her, but here's part of what she wrote back.
I'm not sure if I'm spelling any of these correctly but here goes. Methocarbomal for pain, its a smooth muscle relaxer. Mirtazipine for sleep. Welbutrin for depression. I know some ppl don't like taking
anti-depressants and if he/she is the kind of person who feels as such tell
them to get over it and take something for the depression. I'm on http://fibrotalk.proboards99.com I post there regularly. I post under the handle of "Sybelle".

BrassieChic

In Fibromyalgia a biopsy will be normal.

For Jaie,
Fibromyalgia is one of those nagging, aching illnesses that frequently get characterized as "It's just in your head" or "It's one of those female diseases" that make life miserable but don't have any outward signs (like skin rashes or swollen joints) that everyone can see.

It's much too complex to discuss in a forum like this. Suffice it to say, it is a real disease with classic symptoms and findings. No blood test or biopsy can be done to tell you "Yep, that's what you've got!" It's most important to have the tests to rule out other conditions that might make you diabled or dead before attributing your aches and pains to Fibromyalgia. But it can be controlled with a lot of understanding, good physical hygiene, and understanding by family, friends, employers, and healthcare providers.

NEXT!

Dr. Lenny[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU for your wealth of Knowledge and I'm not using :sarcasm: It IS so very complicated to explain what this disease is and what it does to your body and MIND! I've read Dr. Weils site about FMD and there is alot of great information in there. I didn't know that there are certain foods I SHOULD eat and some to STAY AWAY from. I've had these symptoms for years and poked and proded and x-rayed and MRI'd and given so much blood until they FINALLY RULED OUT THE other possible culprits! Understanding and being education on this by our family & friends, etc. is so important! :howdy:

BrassieChic

Lenny said:
Which reminds me, how're ya sleepin'?

Luv Dr. Lenny

I know you were'nt posing this question to me but I WOULD PAY BIG $$$$ for a good night sleep! One where I can fall asleep and stay asleep! It's so nerve racking feeling like you NEVER sleep! Poor me... :baby:

HillBillyChick

BrassieChic said:
I know you were'nt posing this question to me but I WOULD PAY BIG $$$$ for a good night sleep! One where I can fall asleep and stay asleep! It's so nerve racking feeling like you NEVER sleep! Poor me... :baby:

My mom has fibromyalgia.