Did anybody watch the debate last night?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't even know what channel it was on, just that it must have been on cable because I couldn't find it on any of the regular stations that we get at this RV park.

I know Beta doubled down on having cops kick in our doors and forcibly confiscate our guns, but haven't heard much else about it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Watched clips on Fox while gettign ready for work this morning.

Much of the same ole crap they've been spewing.... Spartacus was much noisier and definitely feeling his gruel.

Hijinx

Warren said " The rich are not like you and me.
She is worth $18 million dollars.

Now to me that is rich. and she is right she sure isn't like me..
But the rich are like her, just not like me.

SamSpade

No. It's become too monotonous. When you get a dozen people who agree on everything, what's the point?
Besides Trump bashing and everyone agreeing on the same issues, were there any notable moments?

stgislander

PREMO Member
No. It's become too monotonous. When you get a dozen people who agree on everything, what's the point?
Besides Trump bashing and everyone agreeing on the same issues, were there any notable moments?
Tulsi openly stating that the rush to impeachment may divide and hurt the Dems in 2020. 🤷

SamSpade

Tulsi openly stating that the rush to impeachment may divide and hurt the Dems in 2020. 🤷

That at least makes sense, which means the idiots at the helm of the party - for the moment - will brand her as some kind of right winger.
Their neverending assault on Trump and constant calls for impeachment for any reason imaginable makes ANY case they craft suspect.

This_person

Joe Biden said:
On whether he believed Sanders and Warren's tax plans demonize the wealthy:

No, look, demonizing wealth -- what I talked about is how you get things done. And the way to get things done is take a look at the tax code right now. The idea -- we have to start rewarding work, not just wealth. I would eliminate the capital gains tax -- I would raise the capital gains tax to the highest rate, of 39.5 percent.

I would double it, because guess what? Why in God's name should someone who's clipping coupons in the stock market make -- in fact, pay a lower tax rate than someone who, in fact, is -- like I said -- the -- a schoolteacher and a firefighter? It's ridiculous. And they pay a lower tax.

Secondly, the idea that we, in fact, engage in this notion that there are -- there’s $1,640,000,000,000 in tax loopholes. You can’t justify a minimum $600 billion of that. We could eliminate it all. I could go into detail had I the time.

Secondly -- I mean, thirdly, what we need to do is we need to go out and make it clear to the American people that we are going to -- we are going to raise taxes on the wealthy. We're going to reduce tax burdens on those who are not.

Is there a single coherent thought in any of those four paragraphs?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm getting up to speed on the echo chamber via Twitchy, but it was more of the same. Wealth is bad for you but not for me. Private insurance is bad for for you but not for me. You don't need that constitutional right so I'mma take it from you by pen or gunpoint. And Ellen watching a football game with GW is baaaaddddd.

Oh, ImP3@chMeNt!1!!!!!!!111

Reactions: BOP

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Biden is done. Stick a fork in him.

Warren is the Anointed One. Is there a Native American ceremony to make it official?

Everyone else (but one) is angling for a spot in the next administration (should the Dems win). The "but one" - Tulsi Gabbard - is run out of the party (a sad commentary given she's the coolest of the kids on stage). In disgust, she flips Republican (okay, this is sheer fantasy, but I'm sticking with the rest of my post).

My new Dems' ticket (as my earlier pick, Biden // Harris 2020, is DOA):

Warren // (gay) &/or (minority) BetaMale 2020

(Not Robert Francis, though. Maybe BootyJudge, but I don't think that's a given or even a slim chance given his criticism of Warren's healthcare (non)program.)

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP