Did anyone see this in the media?

Midnightrider

it got plenty of traction, as did the response from the Kurds and the Turks saying there was not ceasefire, only a pause.

what is not getting much media attention is the fact hat turkey is bombing the kurds right now, less than 24 hours after trump annouced the ceasefire.....

This_person

it got plenty of traction, as did the response from the Kurds and the Turks saying there was not ceasefire, only a pause.

what is not getting much media attention is the fact hat turkey is bombing the kurds right now, less than 24 hours after trump annouced the ceasefire.....
Damned good thing Trump got our troops out before they'd be bombed, huh?

I notice you're answering all kinds of snark in here, but not answering Gurps question as to why we're there in the first place.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

I notice you're answering all kinds of snark in here, but not answering Gurps question as to why we're there in the first place.

That was in the Magic Muslims Double-Secret Probationary Protocol and can't be disclosed.

Midnightrider

it would have never happened at all if trump had left our troops there in the first place OR if he had actually negotiated a deal before pulling them out.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
it would have never happened at all if trump had left our troops there in the first place OR if he had actually negotiated a deal before pulling them out.
That's really a great conjecture. Anything to back that up?
There have been indications that Turkey was about to launch whether the US was there or not. If I can find some links to back that up I will. Right now, all I've got is some RUMINT via the grapevine.

--- End of line (MCP)

Midnightrider

There have been indications that Turkey was about to launch whether the US was there or not. If I can find some links to back that up I will. Right now, all I've got is some RUMINT via the grapevine.

--- End of line (MCP)
Wouldn’t that make trump even weaker for pulling troops out?
Since when do we back down to Turkey?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just got into Abilene and it's been all over the radio news. Now there are a bunch of GOP reactionaries with egg on their face. We expect that sort of #resist immaturity and ignorance from the Democrats, but not what's supposed to be our President's own party.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That was addressed on the news as well: it's a lie. There are a few isolated incidents reported and Erdogan says he's, um, taking care of the ones doing it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

My my the grapes are sour today.

BOP

All those kickbacks from the military/industrial complex isn't going to find their way into Congress critters' grubby little dick-skinners all by themselves.

Midnightrider

That was addressed on the news as well: it's a lie. There are a few isolated incidents reported and Erdogan says he's, um, taking care of the ones doing it.
So it’s a lie, but erdogen is going to stop the ones doing the firing? You really love your spin

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Wouldn’t that make trump even weaker for pulling troops out?
Since when do we back down to Turkey?
No. Don't think so at all. Many see it more as a good thing to not get in a shoot-out with a NATO ally.

Trump's decision was a prudent, macro-level decision.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

transporter

It was all over the news yesterday. It is all over the news today.

Trump abandoned an ally...he made asinine comments about it in TX last night. He equates the deaths that are occurring due to his decision as nothing more than two elementary kids fighting.

Pence was all over the news yesterday calling it a ceasefire. Turkey called it a pause to let us remove our troops.

Trump called it a great day for civilization and said the Kurds were happy. Except, the Kurds weren't at the table and the fighting was still going on today.

Trump said the US had control over the area. How exactly? At Trump's order we have cut and run with our tails between our legs.

We are abandoning our posts...the Russians are taking them over. Or we are blowing up our bases because in out haste to retreat and turn our backs on our allies, we didn't have time to take equipment with us.

This is foreign policy under Trump. This is MAGA...sticking your tail between your legs and running away.

Trump is getting ridiculed by everyone now:

Mitch McConnell: Withdrawing from Syria is a grave mistake

Midnightrider

No. Don't think so at all. Many see it more as a good thing to not get in a shoot-out with a NATO ally.

Trump's decision was a prudent, macro-level decision.

--- End of line (MCP)
We were never going to get into a shootout with turkey if we stayed.period. Turkey wasn’t going to move on our people.