Did/does you mom have a good self image?

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
My mother had a terrible self image. No self confidence at all (though she hid it well in public).

Growing up with her taught me how NOT to be. She did try to tell us not to learn from her example in this. To love thyself and be confidant in who you are. Well, I guess it worked because I like and am confidant in who I am. :yay:

Thanks Mom! I think. :confused:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My mom was a MILF. I had to be careful who I introduced her to, as those teenage boys would start obsessing over my mom and start ignoring me. :lmao:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Did she pass confidence on to you?

My mom was overly critical of me, so no. I make sure I instill the confidence in my girls that my mother didn't do for me.

I know one woman who every time I see her with her daughter she has a criticism for her and it ticks me off every time because I know what she's doing to her daughter's self esteem/confidence level and little does the woman know it. I make sure to later give the girl a compliment and it always comes as a surprise to her as if she didn't know it about herself, how sad.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Did she pass confidence on to you?

I started to reply to this thread before, then didn't...

I fully cannot recall all of the dynamics of my mother; it seems to have been a whole lifetime ago that she was here, though in reality she died in '94.

Prior to that, though, I was off! I moved to the beach after HS, then off to college, then marriage then moved to NM!

Did she have a good self image? Did she pass confidence onto me?

Well, I've been confident, yeah. I think mostly because we (my family) aren't meek women. We act "as if", even if we don't feel it at times.

I don't think she had a good self image, I think she was vain in that she went for "appearance", though, never accepted herself for the way she was or what she had. She felt her "what she could have beens" a lot more than what she truly was.

She was pretty critical of me, too. And I have a fairly bad self-image, though I have relented a bit over the years. My reign on my Type A personality has been forever cut, I believe.

Still though, I am my mother's daughter and some things will be embedded forever. So, I will continue to act "as if" until it is, or accept myself as is. I continue with confidence because I'm strong, but I have yet to merge that confidence as a part of my physical or social self image.

And dat's da truf.