Did Ferry Landing road used to have a ferry on it?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Cool information Willie. :yay:

I was kind of expecting -

Did Ferry Landing road used to have a ferry on it? Naw the ferry was on the river.
I notice ferry landing road comes off from Dunkirk and goes towards the water? Excellent observation, what's the question?
Seems a ferry used to be there? Another excellent observation. What do you think is at the end of Airport road?

garyt27

INAFJ
What do you think is at the end of Airport road?
Answer: the end of the road.
Are there Sollers on Sollers Wharf?

mdff21

There were many ferry landings along the Patuxent River. If not mistaken the Weems Line had the steamboats that did the ferry.

Restless

I wish we had a ferry to the eastern shore from Pt. Lookout. That or a bridge. I would love to be able to get to Ocean City in an hour or two instead of four hours. Plus it would alleviate the traffic jams going over the bridge near Annapolis.

I can dream.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wish we had a ferry to the eastern shore from Pt. Lookout. That or a bridge. I would love to be able to get to Ocean City in an hour or two instead of four hours. Plus it would alleviate the traffic jams going over the bridge near Annapolis.

I can dream.

Numerous proposals have been floated and studied to connect Reedville, VA, to Crisfield, MD with stops (or other ferry connectors) to southern MD. The economics wouldn't work out AND/OR local NIMBY opposition at the proposed landings was too high. A private operator proposed to start up a Potomac crossing ferry between Piney Point and somewhere on the Coan River near-Tappahanock some years back...entirely on their own nickle...but local opposition on the MD side killed that too.:geek:

steppinthrax

Cool information Willie. :yay:

I was kind of expecting -

Did Ferry Landing road used to have a ferry on it? Naw the ferry was on the river.
I notice ferry landing road comes off from Dunkirk and goes towards the water? Excellent observation, what's the question?
Seems a ferry used to be there? Another excellent observation. What do you think is at the end of Airport road?

So in baltimore there is Gay street. Does this mean there are Gays at the end of the street?

C

czygvtwkr

Did Old Rolling Road use to roll?

Did Three Notch Road have three notches in it?

Did Great Mills Road use to be great (I doubt that one the most)?

Did Old Rolling Road use to roll?

Did Three Notch Road have three notches in it?

Did Great Mills Road use to be great (I doubt that one the most)?

1. Still does.

2. Used to be how the trail was marked way back when. Three notches in trees.

3. Named for the Mill that is just around the corner from the end.

What else?

red_explorer

Sotterley Plantation has one.

It also had tunnels from the house down to the docks. They existed in 1890's when my great grandmother and her siblings lived in one of the gatehouses.... She had my dad and grandparents there years ago, and pointed out where it was.... Dad hasnt been back since, but I will get him there before he passes. He is 76.