Did Something Really Stupid

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Locked my keys in the truck. Spare set is in there too, don't ask.

Any recommendations on an unlock service?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Nevermind.... crisis averted.

Left the window open just wide enough to use my $13 Harbor Freight wire fish to snag the keys.
notworthy.gif

SandieGarry

I only have 1 set of keys to my van. I have had to call AAA once to open the locked door. I still don't know what I did to lock the keys inside, :doh:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I did it because I didn't stick with my norm. I only lock the door by using the key fob in my hand. That pretty much guarantees I won't lock them in. But I thought the keys were in the house, didn't want to walk back inside, so I hit the door button and closed it, only to find out 10 minutes later .....

And I also discovered a software change. I did this once before in my 2000 GMC while on travel. Again, the window was cracked so I was able to sneak a rod thru and hit the door unlock. Didn't work this time. GM must have gotten smarter; on my 2014 you can LOCK the door by using a rod to push the door button, but the UNLOCK and window up/down are disabled if there is no one sitting in the seat.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was gonna suggest you fish the spare key out of its little magnetic storage box hidden away. Like I do.

:razz:

SamSpade

I am the carrier of my wife's spare key - and she has mine. It doesn't always work great - when she is out of town with the car, I really can't help her.

But most of the time, it works.