Digital cameras

S

Shutterbug

Nikon Coolpix 4300 and I only put them on the family website (or sometimes here :cheesy:)

I'm looking at buying a digital SLR sometime this year, but I haven't decided what I want yet.

ylexot

Super Genius
I'm still trying to find an ultra-compact camera with ~3x+ optical zoom, ~3MP+ sensor and ISO settings up to 400 (800 much prefered). I like the compactness of my Sony U30 (I still get looks of amazement even though it's a couple years old), but the low-light capability sucks. I'd also love to get away from MemoryStick media and stick with CF/SD cards. Any thoughts?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Problem solved. Must have been a transfer protocol issue. I installed Coppermine on the site, (which was my original intention but I was in a rush to distribute a pic) and now the pictures look like they are supposed to. Thanks for the suggestion though!

ylexot

Super Genius
ylexot said:
I'm still trying to find an ultra-compact camera with ~3x+ optical zoom, ~3MP+ sensor and ISO settings up to 400 (800 much prefered). I like the compactness of my Sony U30 (I still get looks of amazement even though it's a couple years old), but the low-light capability sucks. I'd also love to get away from MemoryStick media and stick with CF/SD cards. Any thoughts?
Just in case someone is looking for a similar camera, I'm thinking the Canon SD200 or SD300 might be the one...3x optical zoom, 3.2 or 4.0 MP, ISO to 400, 2" screen and tiny (not quite as small as the Sony, but close).

Anyone want to buy a used blue Sony DSC-U30? :biggrin:

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Ok I went and got the Canon PowerShot S1 IS.. Its only a 3.2 mega pixel but has the 10x optical zoom and I can get a waterproof body for it too to take in the water.. This thing is pretty cool.. too many damn features to list though.

lkt

curly-locks
My next one will be the Sony DSC-F828 Digital ..
Effective 8.0 Mega Pixel.

7x optical zoom.

14x precision digital zoom.

LCD screen.

Double ring - manual focus/zoom.

Smart zoom (35x shooting in VGA).

Carl Zeiss 'Vario-Sonnar T' rotate lens.

Macro mode.

MPEG movie VX.

Hi-speed USB 2.0.

Night shot, night framing.

Multi-point AF (5 frame), center-weighted AF, flexible spot AF, hologram AF.

Shooting modes: Auto/P auto/Shutter/Apertute/Manual/SCN.

RAW data recording.

Attachments

• sndscf828.jpg
    sndscf828.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited: