Digitizing music CD help

BOP

One thing about the search function in the new format: it doesn't seem to work.

Anyway, I, and friends, as part of our decluttering revolution, are seeking to put our CD collections onto digital media, but we're running into issues. One is quality, and another is integrity.

WRT quality, mainly looking for recommendations as to programs that are going to not degrade the quality of the music.

As far as integrity, by that I mean this: I copy an album to my hard drive, and most of the time, it's fine. Sometimes, it doesn't recognize the album, and saves it as "unknown album." It's even worse when I save the music to my Android, and friends report the same issue on Apple products.

Example: I have the Moody Blues "Anthology" CD, and it's a good one, though dated these days. They did a song called "Go Now" - I think it was their fist hit, but it saved it as "Blue Jays." Which is weird because "Blue Jays" was a Hayward and Lodge album that came out in 1975, during a Moody Blues hiatus. The song isn't even on "Blue Jays."

Windows Media Player did a good job with the album, though it doesn't always, but my Android f'ed it up, saying that song out of order from the album as "unknown."

Now I did save a lot of my Enya CDs on my computer at work, back when you were allowed to do that, because it helps me keep calm in the face of never-ending hair-on-fire data drills. However, every, single album is missing the first 2 tracks. Every. Single. Album.

TIA