Dining alfreso with your dog

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The dog this past weekend beside out table was very docile and a pleasant poochie -(a pitbull, no less) he not being a nuisance at all. Better than most toddlers I've seen having dinner out. :lmao:

And he was just a pup, too - I think the guy said he was 4 months old or something?

as long as they make sure the dog owners are respectful of other patrons.

This is always the problem with dogs in public - their owners don't make them mind. That is the same problem I have with children, although for some reason they are allowed in restaurants with no restriction, which is just bull####.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
And he was just a pup, too - I think the guy said he was 4 months old or something?

This is always the problem with dogs in public - their owners don't make them mind. That is the same problem I have with children, although for some reason they are allowed in restaurants with no restriction, which is just bull####.

:jet:

luvmygdaughters

Apollo is surprisingly well-behaved at outdoor dining establishments, considering that he is a nut when we try to eat in front of him at home. I've taken him to the marina at Colonial Beach a number of times, and a few other random places in our travels. And yes, I'd buy him a meal if they had a doggie appropriate menu.

I never mind OPD at the table(s) around me - they are usually better behaved than the children and I'm not a germphobe.

they are usually better behaved than the children and I'm not a germphobe.[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat:

Chris0nllyn

Thursdays in Galesville is a glorified dock bar with outdoor seating and dog friendly atmosphere.

There's even dog water bowls at each table.

I've never seen a "bad" dog there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, I was thinking about this and...

You see dogs at restaurants and they usually just sit there quietly, maybe be friendly if someone makes an overture, but typically they're not a nuisance in any real way.

Kids at restaurants are always yelling, sometimes running around or bouncing in their seat, frequently there is a full meltdown with screaming and throwing things.

So why do we allow children in restaurants and not dogs again? :confused:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I didn't realize you could take your dog(s) to Lowe's.

A few employees at Lowes have told me they dislike people bringing dogs there. I heard an unhappy dog there a couple weeks ago- clearly the owner thought it was a good idea to bring this dog in for socialization. Clearly the dog was unhappy and was howling and barking and making a racket. That is one dog I would not approach and would in fact, avoid.

frequentflier

happy to be living
You know, I was thinking about this and...

You see dogs at restaurants and they usually just sit there quietly, maybe be friendly if someone makes an overture, but typically they're not a nuisance in any real way.

Kids at restaurants are always yelling, sometimes running around or bouncing in their seat, frequently there is a full meltdown with screaming and throwing things.

So why do we allow children in restaurants and not dogs again? :confused:

I have always said restaurants would do well if they had a "no children" section (like in the old days of "no smoking" sections). I have witnessed many well behaved children. And many not so well behaved ones as well. Given the choice, I would opt to not have any of them around me.

dander, fur, fleas, ticks, licking balls
There is also potential for sudden poop squats and peeing. I was at the Frederick Celtic Fest this past weekend and lots of folks thought it was a great idea to bring their dog. I witnessed one poop directly in the field line where the bagpipers were about to come marching and I had to say something and then browbeat the owner to ensure they found a way to remove the pile and not just walk away. I also witnessed a little male on a leash who did a walk by leg lift on an entire stack of custom hats on display be one vendor. The lady kept on walking. I also witnessed one little yapper who was just sitting on the hill with her folks suddenly jump up and nip at a little girl. The dog owners shook their head and giggled at each other as they yanked the leash back. Then 15 minutes later that same yapper/nipper got out of her collar and when running through the crowd. I'd say on reason businesses don't allow dogs could be due to liability.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
A few employees at Lowes have told me they dislike people bringing dogs there. I heard an unhappy dog there a couple weeks ago- clearly the owner thought it was a good idea to bring this dog in for socialization. Clearly the dog was unhappy and was howling and barking and making a racket. That is one dog I would not approach and would in fact, avoid.

It can get quite busy and loud in there some days. I have 2 Mastiffs and I'd be afraid to take them in there. Mostly for the simple fact that they are big and clumsy and every appliance in there would end up in the scratch and dent pile due to their tails. :lol: Not to mention all the plants they'd knock over or try to eat.

PeoplesElbow

As a patron I find people that bring their dog in Lowes annoying. If I am trying to push a cart of lumber through the store and your dog is wandering as far as it can on the leash while you don't pay it any attention there is a good chance it gets in my way and I may not see it if I have a cart of plywood pushing it.

Bann

PREMO Member

I can see people bringing their dogs into PetSmart, but I am not a fan of dogs in stores, for the most part. I don't care for dogs I don't know. I've been known to give the owner of a dog the stink eye if the dog so much as looks like they are about to sniff around me. If people are going to take Fido to a store, then they should keep them on a short leash (literally) as not all people are okay with dogs and their habits.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
I can see people bringing their dogs into PetSmart, but I am not a fan of dogs in stores, for the most part. I don't care for dogs I don't know. I've been known to give the owner of a dog the stink eye if the dog so much as looks like they are about to sniff around me. If people are going to take Fido to a store, then they should keep them on a short lease (literally) as not all people are okay with dogs and their habits.

Agree!. :biggrin:

I love dogs, but they don't have to be everywhere you are....especially dining out.

Bann

PREMO Member
Why would someone take their dog to Lowe's?

No idea. Besides downtown Annapolis, where I have never had a problem with one dog - I've only seen dogs in the bigger pet stores, and I rarely go in the one near where I live anymore. I used to get a particular brand of cat litter, and the occasional scratch post replacement there. If a dog even looked like he had a long lead/leash, I would go the other way. But in line, here was always a pooch standing too close to me, so I really didn't like going there. :lol: