Dinner!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron

Salads-Hello Easy Breezy Summertime!

my-thyme

Patron
Walnuts instead of almonds, it's what I had on hand.

Both salads had romaine, spinach, cucs, tomatoes, red onion, bacon bits, parmesan, feta, grilled chicken.

Hubby's included croutons and was dressed with Ceasar Dressing.

Mine included strawberries and walnuts, and was dressed with a Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette.

According to him, light dinner=more ice cream. Is Cold Stone open yet?

my-thyme

Patron
The first flush of berries were kinda tasteless because of the rain, but the ones ripening now are wonderfully flavorful. Better go get some, they never last long!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had leftover chili and a Kind bar dipped in peanut butter. That salad looks much better :yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Saw this recipe on The Kitchen, and made tonight. I was intrigued, having grown up in Louisiana on lots of water critter boils. I said, no way this will be good. I was wrong. It was delicious, and easy! Leftovers for tomorrow, too.

I used fresh red potatoes instead of frozen, and microwaved them for 4 minutes, and cooked the whole tray for 5 minutes less than the recipe called for, because my oven tends to run hotter. And, used Old Bay, of course. And, I have a veg/herb garden. so the thyme was super fresh.

Last edited:

my-thyme

Patron
Are they out yet? Local?
I've been picking strawberries for a week+. The ones I picked this morning are soooooo sweet! They look like red jewels hanging on the plants.

If it rains this weekend like they are calling for, the berries will be gone, they mold quickly in the rain.

luvmygdaughters

Saw this recipe on The Kitchen, and made tonight. I was intrigued, having grown up in Louisiana on lots of water critter boils. I said, no way this will be good. I was wrong. It was delicious, and easy! Leftovers for tomorrow, too.

I used fresh red potatoes instead of frozen, and microwaved them for 4 minutes, and cooked the whole tray for 5 minutes less than the recipe called for, because my oven tends to run hotter. And, used Old Bay, of course. And, I have a veg/herb garden. so the thyme was super fresh.
I love Sunnys recipes! Have you tried her "French Onion Chicken Thighs" They are to die for!!!!🤤

Just a note, I drove past Trossbachs a few days ago and the stand looked like it hadn't been used yet this year. All closed up and barren. That was a weekday, maybe different on the weekend, but I wasn't sure if they were open for the season yet.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Just a note, I drove past Trossbachs a few days ago and the stand looked like it hadn't been used yet this year. All closed up and barren. That was a weekday, maybe different on the weekend, but I wasn't sure if they were open for the season yet.
The stand in Scotland isn't open yet. They are selling their strawberries and other produce (last week was asparagus, turnips, and spinach) at the Home Grown Farm Market and BAE California Farmers Market on Saturdays.

Their FB page:

The stand in Scotland isn't open yet. They are selling their strawberries and other produce (last week was asparagus, turnips, and spinach) at the Home Grown Farm Market and BAE California Farmers Market on Saturdays.
I didn't know they were at the Farmer's Market. :yay:

my-thyme

Patron
The growers always wish for Mother's Day strawberries, and they had them this year! Usually gone soon after Memorial Day.

And I've stopped picking asparagus, let the fronds grow lush to help next year's growth. You will probably find it at the Farmer's Market until Father's Day or so.

lucky_bee

RBF expert

I've done the same thing, but threw them in foil packets and put them on the grill. Tip: pre-cook the potatoes a little before. Otherwise, these were to-die-for and so easy. Great meal for camping too.

Kicking off the weekend early. Made a rack of St. Louis cut ribs and cucumber salad. This batch came out outstandingly well.

I like to get summer rolls from the Asian deli counter in Harris Teeter. It comes with a packet of 'sweet chili sauce', but I prefer peanut sauce, so I've been collecting the packets. Decided to use them on the ribs. Good choice. Way better than BBQ or saucy susan.

Remember a while back Vrai asked if anyone ate a whole rack of ribs. Tonight, the answer could be an resounding YES, but I'm cutting myself off at 7 ribs (14 total).

On the menu tonight:
Shrimp marinated in Asian citrus poppy dressing, grilled.
NY Strip steak, marinated, grilled.
Russet potato kinda 'brooklyn micky' style, high rack on the BBQ grill, I think just butter tonight.
My own macaroni salad.
Haven't chosen the wine yet. I have nice Chardonnay and a Pinot Grigio. Don't think I want red tonight.