Dinner

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dinty Moore beef stew with grilled tortillas. I feel kind of bad about that but it was somewhat tasty.

luvmygdaughters

It doesn't matter what I do, but my pork chops are always dry... :ick:
So do mine, except when I fix them this way. Always juicy and tender. Spray a casserole dish with Pam, peel and slice potatoes thin. Slice an onion thin. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika on both sides of the pork chops, lay 3 of the chops (I used 6) in the bottom of the casserole, lay some of the onions on top of the chops, then the potatoes, I season the potatoes with the same spices, spread top with shredded cheddar cheese, top with 5-6 pats of butter, then, repeat the same layer again. Bake covered at 375 for about an hour and 15 minutes. Pork chops come out delicious and juicy.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So do mine, except when I fix them this way. Always juicy and tender. Spray a casserole dish with Pam, peel and slice potatoes thin. Slice an onion thin. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika on both sides of the pork chops, lay 3 of the chops (I used 6) in the bottom of the casserole, lay some of the onions on top of the chops, then the potatoes, I season the potatoes with the same spices, spread top with shredded cheddar cheese, top with 5-6 pats of butter, then, repeat the same layer again. Bake covered at 375 for about an hour and 15 minutes. Pork chops come out delicious and juicy.
That sounds good. I'll give that a try sometime!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Ham stock with ham pieces in the freezer. Now ham and spilt pea soup with added carrots, onion and garlic.
I will share with the young man that rents my apartment. It's great to have someone to cook for and share with!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Today is going to be a lazy cooks day.

Too hot outside screw with smoking. Going to make crockpot pulled pork.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Made a NY strip steak using the sous vide method. Man, you just can't go wrong with that. Perfect every time. 'Cept when you get distracted when drinking and sear it too long... :whistle:

Anyway, made some popcorn yesterday from a kit I got at Christmas, and it included different seasonings. One, I thought, was perfect for steak marinade, but it used too much salt. The seasonings used were on the package, so I re-created it it with a lot less salt, and it was terrific on the steak tonight, better than any of the packaged steak seasoning mixes.

The only thing I screwed up tonight was the wine. I grabbed and opened what I thought was a Chardonnay, but it wasn't. It was a local Cove Point Wineries White Citrus Sangria. Really tasty, but does not pair well with steak and baked potato. Too sweet.

Reactions: rio

rio

Must be in the air... I just finished the NY strip I introduced to the grill and pasta salad with fresh veggies and herbs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since Bann's been here I've been eating like a tourist :biggrin: . Yesterday we had French dips at Pineapple Willy, and for dinner we went to Nick's for pizza (I had a meatball parm sub).

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Made an amazing rack of baby back ribs. Came out outstanding, if I do say so myself.

But therein is a dilemma.... were they really as good as I think, or does the consumption of alcohol just make you think it good? I mean, it's not like smoking pot where everything tastes wonderful....

And BTW, amazing summer drink. Local wine from Cove Point Winery, White Citrus Sangria, with lots of fruit. Too sweet for serving with steak, but amazing as a before-dinner drink.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
11 pounds of bbq pork shoulder is done, pulled and being ripped into by hungry 20 somethings. managed to make two sandwiches for myself without losing any fingers.