Dio

B

baswm

Ozzie would not let them call themselves black sabbath so they went with heaven and hell name.

Danzig

I like Dio, I may go but Black Sabbath is not Black Sabbath without Ozzy and Bill Ward.

Danzig

baswm said:
Ozzie would not let them call themselves black sabbath so they went with heaven and hell name.

Tony owns the name not OZZY they all agreed to call it Heaven and Hell.

B

baswm

Danzig said:
Tony owns the name not OZZY they all agreed to call it Heaven and Hell.

I always thought it was the Ozze man. I guess you learn something new every day.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
So it's the lineup that recorded Mob Rules and Live Evil. I wonder if they will perform any of Dio's solo work.

Danzig will know the answer to this trivia question - when Sabbath opened for Ozzy (?) at the Costa Mesa shows in 1992, what legendary metal singer subbed for Dio? The same singer stepped in for an ill Ozzy one night at Ozzfest in 2004.

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
How many of you are familiar with Sabbath's other singers? I remember Ian Gillan, Ray Gillen, and Glenn Hughes.

Danzig

Tonio said:
So it's the lineup that recorded Mob Rules and Live Evil. I wonder if they will perform any of Dio's solo work.

Danzig will know the answer to this trivia question - when Sabbath opened for Ozzy (?) at the Costa Mesa shows in 1992, what legendary metal singer subbed for Dio? The same singer stepped in for an ill Ozzy one night at Ozzfest in 2004.

The Metal God,
I got the DVD

B

baswm

Tonio said:

Would it be Rob Halford - Vocals (only on last two dates)?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
:yay: to Danzig and Baswm.

Why do you suppose Sabbath has been through so much intraband drama? Is it simply the big egos of the singers? How about the dramas with Van Halen and Guns 'n' Roses?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonio said:
How many of you are familiar with Sabbath's other singers? I remember Ian Gillan, Ray Gillen, and Glenn Hughes.

I don't know much about Ray Gillen, but I'm very familiar with Ian Gillan and Glenn Hughes.
I have most all of Trapeze, Deep Purple, Hughes solo and whatever else Glenn Hughes has been involved in recording.

Not to be confused with dead fargot glenn hughes of the village people !

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
DC101 is promoting the concert as part of the Easter Keg Hunt. I find that odd, since the station doesn't any Sabbath or Dio or any hard rock older than about 1990 or so. (One has to go to 97.7 The Rocket to hear that stuff.) Also, the ad had "Rainbow in the Dark" instead of a Dio-era Sabbath track.