Direct TV

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
For all you Football fans.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET Free Preview on Sept 8! Live out-of-market games and RED ZONE CHANNEL® access starting on Ch 701.

Also, I just called Direct TV to complain about my monthly bill.
They reduced it $30/month and also gave me FREE NFL Ticket for the year.

OldHillcrestGuy

For all you Football fans.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET Free Preview on Sept 8! Live out-of-market games and RED ZONE CHANNEL® access starting on Ch 701.

Also, I just called Direct TV to complain about my monthly bill.
They reduced it $30/month and also gave me FREE NFL Ticket for the year.

Wife called Directv last week about taking out one of our boxes to a TV set we havent used in several years. She also asked about any offers they might have to reduce our bill. We have been with them for over 20 years and there was something about being a loyal customer for so many years they knocked almost $50 off our monthly bill, that did include removing that one box we were returning.

Goldenhawk

DirecTV has jumped the shark for me. Preparing to call them and cancel.

I'm fundamentally bothered by a pricing scheme that relies on complacency to make a profit. If the lowest rate you'll give me is $100/month, then give that rate without my asking. I shouldn't have to call and ask you to cut my rates from $150/month. That feels unethical.

Wife called Directv last week about taking out one of our boxes to a TV set we havent used in several years. She also asked about any offers they might have to reduce our bill. We have been with them for over 20 years and there was something about being a loyal customer for so many years they knocked almost $50 off our monthly bill, that did include removing that one box we were returning.

Those bastards added NFL Sunday Ticket onto my account for no reason. I called and chewed them out, they reduced my bill quite substantially.

Hope all is going well OHG, just poking my head in here to see what's going on.

Katt

Those bastards added NFL Sunday Ticket onto my account for no reason. I called and chewed them out, they reduced my bill quite substantially.

We got Sunday ticket one year, then called to have them not re-up the following year, they agreed and then for the following few years, they automatically added it to our subscription, I would call and complain I didn't agree to that and they would cancel and then offer me a trade off of a premium channel for 3 months because they 'can't' refund the money, it's easier to offer something in it's place. Be very careful for what you accept onto your subscription, as it's like impossible to have it removed and refunded. At least, since it's become ATT, you can add and delete things on the website, but if you call... your hold time is terrible!

OldHillcrestGuy

Wish I could say everything was going OK, but nerve pain just keeps increasing all the time, running out of options. Direct did that to us with the NFL ticket, had to have them come and take down the dish (the one you adjusted) cause of getting a new roof. When they came back to put it back up they treated me as a new customer and somehow they gave me the The NFL ticket we didnt catch it till months went by. I didnt know we even had it and they would not give us a credit my better have went round and round with no luck. Hope is a all well out there in the country.

PeoplesElbow

I'm fundamentally bothered by a pricing scheme that relies on complacency to make a profit. If the lowest rate you'll give me is $100/month, then give that rate without my asking. I shouldn't have to call and ask you to cut my rates from $150/month. That feels unethical.
Quite a few buisnesses operate on that method. Sirius XM and Waste Management are two that I have direct experience with doing that. My mom's cable company, Spectrum, also does that.

ginwoman

exactly and DirecTV is awful about this. And I hate having to call them and beg for a discount and threaten to leave. We always have to go thru 2-3 people and repeat our woes......so aggravating and time consuming

ginwoman

Wish I could say everything was going OK, but nerve pain just keeps increasing all the time, running out of options. Direct did that to us with the NFL ticket, had to have them come and take down the dish (the one you adjusted) cause of getting a new roof. When they came back to put it back up they treated me as a new customer and somehow they gave me the The NFL ticket we didnt catch it till months went by. I didnt know we even had it and they would not give us a credit my better have went round and round with no luck. Hope is a all well out there in the country.
Sorry to hear about your pain. Have you tried CBD oil? That's the talk of the town these days! Might be worth a try.

OldHillcrestGuy

Sorry to hear about your pain. Have you tried CBD oil? That's the talk of the town these days! Might be worth a try.

Yes I have didn't work for. I have to be careful that the THC in these oils and honeys don't go over certain amount or I would have to give up a lot of what I enjoy doing. It then falls into medical marijuana.

Peepaw95

Just monitor your bill. They told me the same thing about 6 months ago and after 3 month the bill went right back up. I called to inquire about it and they told me they had only signed me up to a short term special, not reduce my bill permanently.