DirecTV

OldHillcrestGuy

Come on TEGNA and DirecTV workout a contract to continue broadcasting WUSA9, there's going to be a lot of football games that the folks with DirecTV wont be able to see this weekend.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
TEGNA is charging DirecTV (and jacking up the price) to rebroadcast material that they freely broadcast OTA.

1stGenSMIB

As Ken notes, you can get it OTA. I have currently abandoned that plan since I moved because now I am only 4 feet above sea level.
If you have a Firestick or other similar device, you can download the LoCast App on them now. $5.99/month for local broadcasts. When I first signed up for LoCast I could only watch it on my PC, then I figured out how to cast it to my Chromecast, now I just run the app on the Firestick like you would Apple TV/Netflix/etc.
edit - oops..missed TuffEnuff's and People's posts..+3 on Locast..at least for now. It has improved a LOT in the last 12 months.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Come on TEGNA and DirecTV workout a contract to continue broadcasting WUSA9, there's going to be a lot of football games that the folks with DirecTV wont be able to see this weekend.
I'm told it's beyond WUSA9 and involves CBS as well. CBS wants to sell it's streaming service, so expect that cable companies will be facing the same blackout soon.

1stGenSMIB

The only reason I watch WUSA9 is to hear Tony Romo call a foosball game. I do subscribe to CBS All Access...I wonder if I can get it that way too? Guess I need to do some more experimenting, although Locast seems to work fine.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The only reason I watch WUSA9 is to hear Tony Romo call a foosball game. I do subscribe to CBS All Access...I wonder if I can get it that way too? Guess I need to do some more experimenting, although Locast seems to work fine.
It's CBS and that's part of the issue
MF NFL sells their season ticket package on DirecTV - but if the game is on a local broadcast channel, the premium channel is blacked out
Well if the game is on CBS, and WUSA9 is carrying that game, guess what. All the money you are paying for access isn't enough.
Because CBS wants you to buy CBS All Access
They get you coming and going, and the games are still loaded with commercials. That's the most painful thing about any sporting event now, TV timeouts so they can run their 2 minutes of commercials.