Disappointed in Toby's Dinner Theater

rio

Toby's is doing White Christmas this year and its my in-laws favorite Christmas show. Bunch of us were going to go and take them. Sis-in-law ordered all the tickets today and tells us proof of vax or negative covid test required to be admitted. I told her to cancel my 4 tickets for 2 reasons: 1) 2 out of 4 of us are vaccinated and I'm not getting tested for something if I'm not sick or showing symptoms. 2) I'm not giving in and acting like this bullshit is ok. Especially for something as non-essential as a dinner theater show.
I'm really pissed because sis-in-law went to cancel the 4 (out of like 12) tickets and they will only give her credit for future use. She doesn't want to fight that and it's on her card, so whatever, but if it were on my cc, I would not be getting charged for those tickets.

End of rant.....

OccamsRazor

Better yet, show up and when they ask for your papers fire back with "Sure, first I would like to see all of the vaccine cards or negative tests for every single employee on staff tonight."

TPD

the poor dad
I have come to accept that my days of doing these types of things-theater/traveling abroad/participating in leisure activities with vaxxed friends/etc- has probably come to an end. But that's ok -I've been to a lot of places in the world and I can still drive to many destinations to have fun without a jab or a face diaper or a test. I've said many times that if I die today, I have been pleased with what I have seen and done in life. The only other thing I really wanted to do was an African safari. Got the money saved up to do it first class but at this point, I will not be coerced into something for my "health" just so I can see a few lions and rhinos up close and personal. Some people/places will gladly take my money, others like Toby's or NYC or Europe apparently have enough money without taking mine.

rio

Better yet, show up and when they ask for your papers fire back with "Sure, first I would like to see all of the vaccine cards or negative tests for every single employee on staff tonight."
Well, their website says all their employees have the same requirement, so they would probably do it.
When we first talked about this a few weeks ago they didn't have these requirements.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'd want proof that they're not HIV-pos or have hepatitis. And criminal background checks - get those too. For every single employee, including the cast.

Reactions: rio

Bare-ya-cuda

I still can’t fathom how all these idiot think someone being vaccinated makes on both of difference. We have a whole nation of people who have drank the kool aid.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I still can’t fathom how all these idiot think someone being vaccinated makes on both of difference. We have a whole nation of people who have drank the kool aid.

Well, Toby's is in Columbia - the belly of the Marxist beast. They do what their Democrat overlords say without question. Plus it's performing arts, so you know the owner and everyone who works there is a mindless cultbot.

On another note, Newtowne Players is doing their Broadway show this weekend - no vax required:

limblips

PREMO Member
And when they refuse based on privacy just say "Exactly" and walk on in.

flowerlover

Well, Toby's is in Columbia - the belly of the Marxist beast. They do what their Democrat overlords say without question. Plus it's performing arts, so you know the owner and everyone who works there is a mindless cultbot.

On another note, Newtowne Players is doing their Broadway show this weekend - no vax required:

Newtowne Players does require masks be worn except when eating or drinking, I see that in their info. And that protocol will be reviewed and changed if needed.

Port Tobacco Players in La Plata also re-opens this weekend but is requiring proof of vaccination or proof of negative Covid test taken within 72 hours of the performance time.

HemiHauler

I have come to accept that my days of doing these types of things-theater/traveling abroad/participating in leisure activities with vaxxed friends/etc- has probably come to an end. But that's ok -I've been to a lot of places in the world and I can still drive to many destinations to have fun without a jab or a face diaper or a test. I've said many times that if I die today, I have been pleased with what I have seen and done in life. The only other thing I really wanted to do was an African safari. Got the money saved up to do it first class but at this point, I will not be coerced into something for my "health" just so I can see a few lions and rhinos up close and personal. Some people/places will gladly take my money, others like Toby's or NYC or Europe apparently have enough money without taking mine.

I hate to break it to you but depending on where in Africa you planned on visiting you would need to be vaccinated against yellow fever and perhaps a few other diseases. This was the case long before covid hit. If you’ve gone so far as to save money for it I’d assume you have at least a familiarity with what would have been required. I’m guessing you were OK with that, otherwise you wouldn’t have saved with that trip in mind.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I hate to break it to you but depending on where in Africa you planned on visiting you would need to be vaccinated against yellow fever and perhaps a few other diseases. This was the case long before covid hit. If you’ve gone so far as to save money for it I’d assume you have at least a familiarity with what would have been required. I’m guessing you were OK with that, otherwise you wouldn’t have saved with that trip in mind.
Yellow fever has a mortality rate of over 50%

That's 1000 times higher than the average rate for Covid.

:rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PTP and Toby's might as well just hang a sign that says "No Black people or refugees allowed"