Disc Golf in southern Maryland

Lexparkflyers

Hey I am looking to open a disc golf course in Lexington Park (Lancaster Park) to be exact. I have already spoke with the board of directors for park management and planned out a goal. What I need is a group of people willing to play. In other words the park wants to know that there money isn't going to go to waste. If you are interested in playing please send me an e-mail with your name so that I can add you to a list that I will provide the board of directors. You will not be obligated in anyway shape or form to provide anything for this cause. I just need proof that people will play if we construct this course. If you have never played disc golf, it is very similar to regular golf but instead of golf balls and clubs you use a frisbee disc and a basket. Now I know it dosn't sound like much fun but once you try it you will be hooked I promise. I recommend looking online at some of the websites that promote disc golf. If you google it you will find that it is a world wide sport and there is even a PDGA which is a Pro Disc Golf Association. Also a good website to check out PDGA Well with that said if you are interested in lending me a hand in creating this send me an e-mail @ william.t.franklin1@navy.mil or Billdogg222@yahoo.com If you are serious about helping and want to get involved you can call me @ (904)982-3639

Thanks for your time
Will

wineo

loving life
Hey I am looking to open a disc golf course in Lexington Park (Lancaster Park) to be exact. I have already spoke with the board of directors for park management and planned out a goal. What I need is a group of people willing to play. In other words the park wants to know that there money isn't going to go to waste. If you are interested in playing please send me an e-mail with your name so that I can add you to a list that I will provide the board of directors. You will not be obligated in anyway shape or form to provide anything for this cause. I just need proof that people will play if we construct this course. If you have never played disc golf, it is very similar to regular golf but instead of golf balls and clubs you use a frisbee disc and a basket. Now I know it dosn't sound like much fun but once you try it you will be hooked I promise. I recommend looking online at some of the websites that promote disc golf. If you google it you will find that it is a world wide sport and there is even a PDGA which is a Pro Disc Golf Association. Also a good website to check out PDGA Well with that said if you are interested in lending me a hand in creating this send me an e-mail @ william.t.franklin1@navy.mil or Billdogg222@yahoo.com If you are serious about helping and want to get involved you can call me @ (904)982-3639

Thanks for your time

Will

There is course at Piney Point Elem. We play there with some friends. Fisbee Golf :buddies: Nice set up, give it a try

Lexparkflyers

I heard about Piney point but I was told that you had to get permission from the school to play on there course. I want to build a public course open to everyone.

Thanks for the info though...

wineo

loving life
I heard about Piney point but I was told that you had to get permission from the school to play on there course. I want to build a public course open to everyone.

Thanks for the info though...

We play there in the evenings, never had a problem. As far as I know it is a public area. Just not during school hours.

Lexparkflyers

Good deal I may look into it some more. How many holes, what type of pins and tees do they use? I want to get the nice Mach V pins and set up concrete tees with rubber mats.

blacklabman

You are crazy to put your work email address, especially a government site, on a public forum. Now get out there and work for the tax dollars that I pay.

Lexparkflyers

Ok I have since played at Piney Point not bad but there isnt much of a challenge. The most difficult pin was the one behind the baseball fence. Still better than nothing. I really need more support on this. Please send me your name for my list. I am half way to my goal. Thanks Will

cow

Dude, I'd be up for some disc golf, there's no real courses anyway around here that's for sure. I have a few friends that would play too, and i'm sure that more would play once the course is up. But why Lexington park? there's lots of nice parks around here and it has to be 18 holes