Disney half marathon:real cost?

terbear1225

Have been seriously considering a Disney half marathon as a long term training goal. Has anyone done one before? What is the real cost in terms of lodging, time there, taking the family? Want to make sure I have a plan to save up enough financially.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
There are so many variables. Go on Disney's site, put in lodging, with or without meal plans, park tickets, etc. Add driving/flying, rental car, parking, and give yourself a 10-15% buffer. You can also go on Expedia for lodging around the city but not in a resort.

wunsent

We're planning a trip there in January. If you're eligible, look at Shades of Green and book your lodging there. The cost for a room with 2 queen beds is $131 a night. We also found airline tickets fm Richmond to Orlando for $55 each way. Makes the drive fm Pax to Richmond worth the cost of the air fare. I'm also eligible to get the 4 day park passes through the military for ~$170 each (I think). It's made our trip very affordable and we started planning/saving 11 months in advance. You can go to Disney and not spend a fortune. It just takes time and patience to scope out the deals. There are lots of websites out there with helpful ways to save $$ on a trip there.

terbear1225

Looks like I'll probably do the tinkerbell half in California. Lodging isnt an issue, fellow runner has family nearby.

For now i need to find a good training app!