Diva Cup

morganj614

sweetpea said:
I really have tried and tried to find a good point to the cooch cup...but I can't...I just can't. All of it just sounds ridiculous.

<---------Hysterectomy. Age 27. I am the :diva: I've been lovin' it ever since...

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
Angel said:
#1 How do you forget to take a tampom out? I would think the string would be a clue.
My only guess is, the girl is too loose and loses it?

Wrong...if she was loose, wouldnt it just fall out??

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Can someone just delete this entire thread? The whole diva cup thing just grosses me out. TIA.

Somdmommy

Ah-ha, There is a few differences between the Diva Cup and the Soft Cup. Diva cup you re-use...why, because it sits in almost the same place as a tampon, where the Soft cup sits right under your cervix. Which is why you shouldnt re-use the soft cup.

Diva cup looks like it might be easier to remove too....But I dont like the idea of that cup just hanging there...I like knowing that the soft cup is held in place by my pelvic bone.

Pete

Repete
Somdmommy said:
Ah-ha, There is a few differences between the Diva Cup and the Soft Cup. Diva cup you re-use...why, because it sits in almost the same place as a tampon, where the Soft cup sits right under your cervix. Which is why you shouldnt re-use the soft cup.

Diva cup looks like it might be easier to remove too....But I dont like the idea of that cup just hanging there...I like knowing that the soft cup is held in place by my pelvic bone.
And how would you describe your pelvic bone?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Somdmommy said:

Until you sneeze or cough real hard, then, ooooooooooooopppppppppps.

Somdmommy

BS Gal said:
Well, no. Does it work on the same principle? If so, I may have to try it.
Its almost like a tampon, it just collects.

The same muscles help hold it in. The Diva Cup uses just the muscles, the Soft Cup uses the muscles and the pelvic bone.

I would say at least give it a day in court. It does take some practice. I just started today and I really like it.

I have a VERY VERY heavy period, and I have a full 7 day period. Today is my second day on the rag. With tampons I would have to change it once every hour to and hour and a half. I wore a Soft Cup today for about 5 hours. Yeah it was a little messy to take out, but it was the first time, and my period is a PITA.

They hold alot more, they go in easier, they feel better. No tampon smell ( I dont care what anyone says a wet tampon full of blood has a smell even if you take 3 showers a day)

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pete said:
So your pelvic bone has a built in Diva cup socket that clicks?
I wonder if that's a new feature. Will the older chicks have to get aftermarket pelvic bones?

Somdmommy

Pete said:
So your pelvic bone has a built in Diva cup socket that clicks?
:lmao:

No....it just happens to stick out just enough to have the cup sit above it!

Would be nice if it had clips though!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Somdmommy said:
Its almost like a tampon, it just collects.

The same muscles help hold it in. The Diva Cup uses just the muscles, the Soft Cup uses the muscles and the pelvic bone.

I would say at least give it a day in court. It does take some practice. I just started today and I really like it.

I have a VERY VERY heavy period, and I have a full 7 day period. Today is my second day on the rag. With tampons I would have to change it once every hour to and hour and a half. I wore a Soft Cup today for about 5 hours. Yeah it was a little messy to take out, but it was the first time, and my period is a PITA.

They hold alot more, they go in easier, they feel better. No tampon smell ( I dont care what anyone says a wet tampon full of blood has a smell even if you take 3 showers a day)

I have a big problem with it being "a little messy to take out." Can't do that. I'm a puker.

Somdmommy

BS Gal said:
I have a big problem with it being "a little messy to take out." Can't do that. I'm a puker.
See, Other peoples blood and stuff :barf: but its mine...so its not a big deal.

If you have a normal to light period you should be fine with it. You may want to try the Diva Cup. It goes it like a tampon and sits in almost the same place. My guess is to take it out you reach up and clamp the sides together and pull it down. No mess no spilling. The Soft Cup you have to remove carefully and level so not to spill.

I say try the Diva Cup! You dont have to re-use it, but I dont think you get as many, and I think it costs more since they tell you that you can use one your whole period.

If you dont like that idea, get the starter pack of Soft Cup. It comes with 3 cups and a video.

Somdmommy

Somdmommy said:
See, Other peoples blood and stuff :barf: but its mine...so its not a big deal.

If you have a normal to light period you should be fine with it. You may want to try the Diva Cup. It goes it like a tampon and sits in almost the same place. My guess is to take it out you reach up and clamp the sides together and pull it down. No mess no spilling. The Soft Cup you have to remove carefully and level so not to spill.

I say try the Diva Cup! You dont have to re-use it, but I dont think you get as many, and I think it costs more since they tell you that you can use one your whole period.

If you dont like that idea, get the starter pack of Soft Cup. It comes with 3 cups and a video.
Oh and~ My box of 14 at CVS was $7.99. The starter kit is $2.99 for shipping. Nothing says that you cant get the starter kit and wear one on a light day for like 30 minutes...just to get the feel for it. They tell you to start on a slow day so you can learn but I just didnt feel like buying tampons.