Division Champs

smilin

BOXER NATION
Local Football Champs going to Florida

Congratulations to the 95 pound Patuxent River Raiders! With a record of 7-1 they are the winners of their division. They will play in the tournament leading up to the Calvert Classic Tournament.
The team has also been invited to play in the

2007 NATIONAL YOUTH FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS TOURNAMENT

in Daytona Florida over Thanksgiving Week!
Go Raiders!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited:

wericnchris

Congratulations !!!! My son plays for the 65A Solomons Steelers Team, and we are 6-1 also with the last game to be played on Friday.... We have played so hard and We are so proud of them. We have also been invited to go to Florida and are scheduled to go and Play and show off our skills.
Good Job Boys and Keep It up......

Congratulations to the 95 pound Patuxent River Raiders! With a record of 7-1 they are the winners of their division. They will play in the tournament leading up to the Calvert Classic Tournament.
The team has also been invited to play in the

2007 NATIONAL YOUTH FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS TOURNAMENT

in Daytona Florida over Thanksgiving Week!
Go Raiders!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

stlrnd4

what are you opinions of it? i would like to know what we might be in for

We'll when we went the first time we were slaugtered. We were a 95lb team with ages 10-12, we went up against one team that they said there were younger kids on it but when we got to the game thoses boys were huge and looked like they had been shaving for years.

It reminded us of when we were in PG County playing getto ball. We believe the teams that do go are select teams just the way we felt. The weather was great the first time but raining and cold the second time we went.

That was just our experience you may have a better time than we did.

Good Luck, again let me know how it goes.

Are you riding a bus down? Oh that was the best part. :sarcasm:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Congratulations !!!! My son plays for the 65A Solomons Steelers Team, and we are 6-1 also with the last game to be played on Friday.... We have played so hard and We are so proud of them. We have also been invited to go to Florida and are scheduled to go and Play and show off our skills.
Good Job Boys and Keep It up......

That's GREAT! The boys worked hard, played hard and they must be so excited. When do you play in the playoffs? I think we are playing Dunkirk at your (BG&E) field. I haven't heard when though.

Congrats to everyone on the team!

ukfan1995

We'll when we went the first time we were slaugtered. We were a 95lb team with ages 10-12, we went up against one team that they said there were younger kids on it but when we got to the game thoses boys were huge and looked like they had been shaving for years.

It reminded us of when we were in PG County playing getto ball. We believe the teams that do go are select teams just the way we felt. The weather was great the first time but raining and cold the second time we went.

That was just our experience you may have a better time than we did.

Good Luck, again let me know how it goes.

Are you riding a bus down? Oh that was the best part. :sarcasm:

did they match the kids up by age or there weight? and how good was the team that you took down there?

stlrnd4

I think it was a combination of both. If you had some kids that were older they could only weigh up to a certain amount, but the younger ones could weigh a little more. Something like that, when you get down their, the first thing you do is go check in where they will weigh in the kids.

We had a good team when we went down, cant remember what our record was though.

Its possible you may not have the problems we did, I can only tell you our experience.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Reminds me of the movie Friday Night Lights when the coach asks a player in the championship game:
"What's it like out there?"
Answer:
"They are Big, they are Fast and they are Dirty, did I say Big?"

smilin

BOXER NATION
Just heard from the team.
They won all their games and are going to be on CBS during the award ceremonies (in Florida I guess)!
Go Raiders!

wericnchris

We Won Too !!!!!!!!! Go Us.....

65 lb "A" Solomon Steelers, played hard in Florida, and were happy to hear that they won National Championship...... We just wanna thank all who helped us get there, and youll made it possible. Thanks to all the people who helped out and sent us on our way. IT WAS A TRIP TO REMEMBER........ WE ARE #1. And dont you forget it. We are a TEAM in ourselves and lets keep it that way...........GOOD JOB BOYS..........

Just heard from the team.
They won all their games and are going to be on CBS during the award ceremonies (in Florida I guess)!
Go Raiders!

greyhound

65 lb "A" Solomon Steelers, played hard in Florida, and were happy to hear that they won National Championship...... We just wanna thank all who helped us get there, and youll made it possible. Thanks to all the people who helped out and sent us on our way. IT WAS A TRIP TO REMEMBER........ WE ARE #1. And dont you forget it. We are a TEAM in ourselves and lets keep it that way...........GOOD JOB BOYS..........

Great job Steelers 65 lbers!!!!!!

My son played on the unlimited team. He can't play for the Steelers next year as he will be to old. He's off to high school football. The Steelers league was great! he had a wonderful time.