Divisonal Playoff Weeken! Pickem or try picken um...

mainman

Set Trippin
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD class=bg1 colSpan=2>My picks are in Green to denote Moving On!!

Divisional Playoffs

</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>Saturday, Jan. 15
4:30 p.m. on CBS
N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh

8:00 p.m. on FOX
St. Louis at Atlanta</TD><TD>Sunday, Jan. 16
1:00 p.m. on FOX
Minnesota at Philadelphia

4:30 p.m. on CBS
Indianapolis at New England</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Larry, I'll save the analyzing for you...:roflmao:

D

dems4me

I agree with everyone else soo far... I would go with Atlanta for the needed upset but given the history of home teams from last weekend... forget it... I'm playing it safe with Rams... :ohwell:

Who do y'all want to see win the SB :shrug:

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
I also agree, but I did not have ot picked to be the match ups made. San Diego and Green Bay dissapointed me this weekend.
I guess now go Eagles, only cause NFC (Redskins Fan)

Ponytail

I'm only picken' my favorites or hopefulls. There isn't any way in He!! that I'd bet on any game this weekend, 'cept for the Steelers.

But I'm going to have to go with with MM's picks...Rams, Eagles, Steelers, Colts.

nomoney

I'll go eagles (I'm a vikings fan but randy moss has done got on my nerves), New england, atlanta, and steelers.

Ponytail

nomoney said:
I'll go eagles (I'm a vikings fan but randy moss has done got on my nerves), New england, atlanta, and steelers.

I dunno. I guess it's just me. I think folks are too uptight when watching these games. I'm not a Vikings fan, nor a fan of Moss, but I thought that what Moss did was hysterical.

THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT FOLKS. Quit taking it so daggum seriously. Folks sounds like kids in school yard anymore. "He's looking at me! He's poking me! He pretended like he was mooning me..." :rolleyes: Get a grip people.

nomoney

Ponytail said:
I dunno. I guess it's just me. I think folks are too uptight when watching these games. I'm not a Vikings fan, nor a fan of Moss, but I thought that what Moss did was hysterical.

THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT FOLKS. Quit taking it so daggum seriously. Folks sounds like kids in school yard anymore. "He's looking at me! He's poking me! He pretended like he was mooning me..." :rolleyes: Get a grip people.

I'm not even talking about his mooning; hey-no big deal it was a smirk thing. I was referring to his interviews afterwards. If you can't go on live tv without using profanity or disrespecting certain individuals you are too ghetto to be making that much money. I guess you can't buy class.

D

dems4me

nomoney said:
I'm not even talking about his mooning; hey-no big deal it was a smirk thing. I was referring to his interviews afterwards. If you can't go on live tv without using profanity or disrespecting certain individuals you are too ghetto to be making that much money. I guess you can't buy class.

I agree... even the fans in Minnesota are starting to want him to leave... Did you see the signs in the stadium :shrug: one of them said -- "HEY MOSS!!! AVOID THE RUSH!!!!! ............LEAVE NOW!!!" I just hope if he does get let loose that Gibbs doesn't pick him up as desperate as we are for a receiver.... Moss is arrogant and cocky... I can't stand talented folks who are not the least bit humble IRL... :ohwell:

Ponytail

nomoney said:
I didn't catch that part. All I wanted to see was how he got that dang 'fro under his helmet. :lol:

As much as TO is a showman on the field he's normally a gentleman off the field. I haven't seen all of the post game interviews, but the ones that I have seen, he was normally presentable. And in his talk show interviews he's been first class.

Ponytail

dems4me said:
I agree... even the fans in Minnesota are starting to want him to leave... Did you see the signs in the stadium :shrug: one of them said -- "HEY MOSS!!! AVOID THE RUSH!!!!! ............LEAVE NOW!!!" I just hope if he does get let loose that Gibbs doesn't pick him up as desperate as we are for a receiver.... Moss is arrogant and cocky... I can't stand talented folks who are not the least bit humble IRL... :ohwell:

Yea that was great dems...but they were in Green Bay.

nomoney

Ponytail said:
I didn't catch that part. All I wanted to see was how he got that dang 'fro under his helmet. :lol:

As much as TO is a showman on the field he's normally a gentleman off the field. I haven't seen all of the post game interviews, but the ones that I have seen, he was normally presentable. And in his talk show interviews he's been first class.

I guess I've only ever seen the ghetto version

Ponytail

dems4me said:
Sorry, I meant their last home game and these were not cheeseheads holding up the signs. It was in the pre-game that they were discussing the fans wanting Moss to leave.

Oh THAT sign. :rolleyes:

:lol: *cough* :BS:* cough cough*

mainman

Set Trippin
Interview...

The following are excerpts from Sunday's interview between Vikings wide receiver Randy Moss and FOX NFL SUNDAY analyst Jimmy Johnson:

Moss: "I don't really do a lot of talking but when I do I speak my mind. That's the part that people might misinterpret for speaking the truth because they don't like hearing the truth."

Jimmy: "But some people think you are selfish."

Moss: "I think in order to be a star in any league you have to have some type of selfishness about you."

Jimmy: "What were you thinking about when you walked off the field last week? I know there was one shot in a million, but you did have one shot in a million."

Moss: "That is where the frustration part set in. For the second year in a row we controlled our own destiny and we failed."

Jimmy: "Were you thinking at that time that you were out of the playoffs?"

Moss: "At that time I really didn't care."

Jimmy: "I have talked to a bunch of players and know how they feel. Do you know that they are depending on you?"

Moss: "That is something that I have been dealing with all of my life. They are not the only ones. I have family and children who also depend on me so I know what I am doing."

Jimmy: "Do you wish that you hadn't walked off (the sideline)?"

Moss: "I don't even think about it."

Jimmy: "But you know you were wrong Randy. You were wrong. What if you got the ball back and there was a penalty and you had one shot? Who would the team had looked to for that one shot?"

Moss: "I don't know. We live a lot of days saying 'what if.' What if Gary Anderson hit that field goal back in 1998?"

Jimmy: "I know, but you have to keep the hope that you have one more shot."

Moss: "Our hope was Christmas Eve against Green Bay. If we would have won that game, then we wouldn't be in this situation because we would have locked the division title up. Look, I know I was wrong and the only thing I can really do is go out and play ball. I know I was wrong so I don't need to hear repeatedly from another man that I was wrong.

I walked off the field with two seconds left. If I would've dropped a game-winning touchdown pass there would've been more chaos. Again, I realize it was wrong for me to walk off the field and leave my team out there but who says I won't do it again. You never know."

The gang reacts

Following the interview, Bradshaw asked Johnson if he would've traded for Moss if he were still coaching to which Johnson responded: "I would with some hesitation. Only if he would try and change his attitude, but chances of that are pretty slim."

Added Howie Long: "I think Randy is an honest guy and someone who speaks his mind. What you saw is exactly what Randy is and it is unfortunate. It is easy to be a team guy when things are going well, but it says a lot about a person's character how you respond when things aren't going well and when things go poorly, this guy does not respond well.

"Randy needs to understand that the only reason that people have to tell him things over and over again is because he doesn't get it."

Bradshaw added: "I don't buy into this interview. I don't buy into that he is honest. He just flat doesn't care. He says that he has people depending on him, but is this the example that you want to leave with them. We have to grow up and be accountable for our behavior in life, but this kid walked off this field and he doesn't regret it.

"And what happens today if the Vikings lose today is that Mike Tice will get fired and then who is going to come in and put a strong arm on this guy? I don't know."

Added Johnson: "Randy Moss is not a bad person, but all of his life he has been allowed to break the rules because of his tremendous talent. And what you see now is the result of those years and years of nobody putting their foot down and saying 'no' to this guy. People in the organization are getting tired of this. Enough is enough." NFL on FOX analyst Cris Collinsworth added: "If I were coaching the Vikings today, I would've kept Moss on the bench for the first three-to-four series minimum. Not that he would've cared anyway, but that is what I would've done."

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3309238

D

dems4me

Ponytail said:
Oh THAT sign. :rolleyes:

:lol: *cough* :BS:* cough cough*

You are correct :rolleyes: it is just me and nomoney concocting up this conspiracy theory of Minnesota fans getting tired of Moss. I did see it and I saw other signs that Minnesota fans were holding up that said other derogatory statements towards Moss and his attitude.... enough said. :ohwell:

nomoney

dems4me said:
You are correct :rolleyes: it is just me and nomoney concocting up this conspiracy theory of Minnesota fans getting tired of Moss. I did see it and I saw other signs that Minnesota fans were holding up that said other derogatory statements towards Moss and his attitude.... enough said. :ohwell:

I didn't say anything about minn. fans. I said I as a minn. fan.

D

dems4me

mainman said:
The following are excerpts from Sunday's interview between Vikings wide receiver Randy Moss and FOX NFL SUNDAY analyst Jimmy Johnson:

Moss: "I don't really do a lot of talking but when I do I speak my mind. That's the part that people might misinterpret for speaking the truth because they don't like hearing the truth."

Jimmy: "But some people think you are selfish."

Moss: "I think in order to be a star in any league you have to have some type of selfishness about you."

Jimmy: "What were you thinking about when you walked off the field last week? I know there was one shot in a million, but you did have one shot in a million."

Moss: "That is where the frustration part set in. For the second year in a row we controlled our own destiny and we failed."

Jimmy: "Were you thinking at that time that you were out of the playoffs?"

Moss: "At that time I really didn't care."

Jimmy: "I have talked to a bunch of players and know how they feel. Do you know that they are depending on you?"

Moss: "That is something that I have been dealing with all of my life. They are not the only ones. I have family and children who also depend on me so I know what I am doing."

Jimmy: "Do you wish that you hadn't walked off (the sideline)?"

Moss: "I don't even think about it."

Jimmy: "But you know you were wrong Randy. You were wrong. What if you got the ball back and there was a penalty and you had one shot? Who would the team had looked to for that one shot?"

Moss: "I don't know. We live a lot of days saying 'what if.' What if Gary Anderson hit that field goal back in 1998?"

Jimmy: "I know, but you have to keep the hope that you have one more shot."

Moss: "Our hope was Christmas Eve against Green Bay. If we would have won that game, then we wouldn't be in this situation because we would have locked the division title up. Look, I know I was wrong and the only thing I can really do is go out and play ball. I know I was wrong so I don't need to hear repeatedly from another man that I was wrong.

I walked off the field with two seconds left. If I would've dropped a game-winning touchdown pass there would've been more chaos. Again, I realize it was wrong for me to walk off the field and leave my team out there but who says I won't do it again. You never know."

The gang reacts

Following the interview, Bradshaw asked Johnson if he would've traded for Moss if he were still coaching to which Johnson responded: "I would with some hesitation. Only if he would try and change his attitude, but chances of that are pretty slim."

Added Howie Long: "I think Randy is an honest guy and someone who speaks his mind. What you saw is exactly what Randy is and it is unfortunate. It is easy to be a team guy when things are going well, but it says a lot about a person's character how you respond when things aren't going well and when things go poorly, this guy does not respond well.

"Randy needs to understand that the only reason that people have to tell him things over and over again is because he doesn't get it."

Bradshaw added: "I don't buy into this interview. I don't buy into that he is honest. He just flat doesn't care. He says that he has people depending on him, but is this the example that you want to leave with them. We have to grow up and be accountable for our behavior in life, but this kid walked off this field and he doesn't regret it.

"And what happens today if the Vikings lose today is that Mike Tice will get fired and then who is going to come in and put a strong arm on this guy? I don't know."

Added Johnson: "Randy Moss is not a bad person, but all of his life he has been allowed to break the rules because of his tremendous talent. And what you see now is the result of those years and years of nobody putting their foot down and saying 'no' to this guy. People in the organization are getting tired of this. Enough is enough." NFL on FOX analyst Cris Collinsworth added: "If I were coaching the Vikings today, I would've kept Moss on the bench for the first three-to-four series minimum. Not that he would've cared anyway, but that is what I would've done."

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3309238

Thanks MM, I knew I hadn't dreamt all of this up... the prelude to this interview if I recall correctly was how upset the fans and some team mates were about him leaving the game with 2 seconds on the clock against Washington, and then the fans reaction over the year and there was a shot of MINNESOTA fans holding various disparagging comments directed at Moss. :smile: