DNR Boating Fee Increases

bcp

In My Opinion
Next time my boat is registered it will be sporting a nice Florida sticker on it.
Moving it down in spring.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Please complete this Action Alert to let your legislator know that you OPPOSE HB 1307 and that you, their constituent, ask them to do the same. This will only take you a moment and will be e-mailed to the delegate in your district.

The reason they want to raise taxes is because they already raided this fund for other costs they have run up. I doubt a cent of this new tax will go toward any waterway improvements.

OPPOSE HB 1307
Sent mine in yesterday and got a robo-emails from O'taxem. :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I renewed mine last week. got the stickers yesterday.
I've had the stickers, I sent in the oppose email.

Yanno, it's time for you to step up to a nice 30' Checkmate. I know where you can get a deal. :jet:

LordStanley

I know nothing
It gets better:

Maryland bill seeks to rein in floating parties

Permits, security would be required for gatherings

Associated Press

ANNAPOLIS — The Magothy River’s Bumper Bash, Chesapeake City’s Canal Day and other large boat gatherings would be required to get permits weeks in advance and organizers could have to provide security under a bill being supported by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.

The Senate bill would not apply to events required to have a Coast Guard permit, such as sail parades and regattas. However, gatherings that create unusual hazards would have to apply for a permit, pay an application fee and comply with conditions that could include providing security, time limits and placing buoys.

Col. George F. Johnson IV, the superintendent of the Maryland Natural Resources Police, said events such as the Bumper Bash, which has drawn more than 1,000 boats during the past two years, have become a drain on the department’s resources.

“It’s getting to the point where because of my reduced workforce that we have to dedicate every working person practically to these events,” Johnson said, adding the bill was an attempt to limit the gatherings so his department can handle them.

Last year’s Bumper Bash drew so many boats it prompted the Coast Guard to mandate a 40-foot-wide channel be kept clear of boats in case of emergency. The Canal Day event, meanwhile, has also been the scene of frequent alcohol-related arrests.

The bill originally would have required a permit for gatherings of more than 50 vessels and 60 days advance filing, but Johnson said the bill was amended in response to comments from lawmakers at a hearing in January. The amended bill also includes an appeals process for permit de*nials, he said.

In addition to the Bumper Bash and Canal Day, Johnson said an event known as Aquapalooza in Charles County has also drawn large numbers of boats. The police superintendent said the events have had had near drownings and accidents by boats going to and from the events.

“We have pictures of where people are jumping off the top of their boats into three feet of water,” Johnson said. “It’s quite a dangerous situation.”

Maryland bill seeks to rein in Canal Days, other floating parties | The News Journal | delawareonline.com

Will the Maryland Powerboat Club need to get a permit for our Poker Runs?