Do naked lady golf tees promote violence against women?

MMM_donuts

They just look like dirty golf tees to me. Something for dirty old men to giggle about.

Did you see the story about the tshirt that said "it's not rape, it's a snuggle with a struggle"?

NextJen

Raisin cane
Hmmmm, I never thought about it before, but I'm surprised the phrase, "I'd hit that" hasn't come under condemnation for promoting violence against women.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I, Vraiblonde, wish to denounce my hypersensitive emotionally deranged sisters and distance myself from their hysterical antics. From now on when you say "Women..." followed by some generalized craziness that "they" do, please add "except for Vraiblonde" in the statement. I.E. "Women, except for Vraiblonde, need to get a grip and stop thinking every little thing promotes violence."

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Looks like a good tread in which to post this....solid proofs that even the most common things around the house suggest the subjugation of wimmins.

Attachments

• wall socket.jpg
    wall socket.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 142

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They just look like dirty golf tees to me. Something for dirty old men to giggle about.

Did you see the story about the tshirt that said "it's not rape, it's a snuggle with a struggle"?

I saw the T-shirt that said "Duct Tape: Turning "no no no" in to "mmph mmph mmph" for more than 50 years" Is that wrong?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I saw the T-shirt that said "Duct Tape: Turning "no no no" in to "mmph mmph mmph" for more than 50 years" Is that wrong?

Why do we laugh at stuff like that? I, as a woman, should find it offensive - but I my first reaction was to laugh.

That can be my Google project for the afternoon: find out why people laugh at inappropriate and offensive jokes instead of getting pissed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That can be my Google project for the afternoon: find out why people laugh at inappropriate and offensive jokes instead of getting pissed.

As a corollary, perhaps you could determine why, over time, fewer and fewer laugh and more and more are offended.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why do we laugh at stuff like that? I, as a woman, should find it offensive - but I my first reaction was to laugh.

Why do we all howl when some guy (always an evil white devil) gets kicked in the balls?
Why do we laugh at T shirts that say 'The quickest way to a mans heart is through his chest'?

I mean, you ask a good question but, I would think man has been laughing at 'inappropriate' stuff since shortly after we became self aware. Maybe there is a biological reason for it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well that was quick.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/laughter6.htm

When people say "That's not funny," theorist Veatch says they mean either "It is offensive" or "So, what's the point?" For someone to find a joke or situation offensive, he must have some attachment to the principle or person being demeaned or put down in the joke. So racist and sexist jokes are offensive to many people who feel strongly about fighting bigotry and prejudice in the world. According to Veatch, when someone says, "So, what's the point?" it indicates the absence of any moral or emotional attachment or commitment to the joke's "victim."

Because I don't feel that women are truly the weaker sex or in need of special protection, I am free to laugh at jokes depicting them as such. I don't believe that rape is really an enormous epidemic, nor do I believe that we have a "rape culture" in this country, so I can laugh at the "mmph mmph" joke knowing that it's just a joke. Someone else, however, DOES believe that all men are rapists and women are in constant danger, therefore they don't think of that as a joke, but as reality.

:nerd:

MMM_donuts

I get embarrassed sometimes when I think others might misunderstand us and think we're horrible people. It often bothers me that people jump to conclusions so quickly.