Do Not Call means Do Not Call!

blacklabman

All companies/organizations, including charitable, should be required to respect the "do not call" list. I should not have to use call screening to know who is calling. I do not want to inconvenience the people calling me on legitimate purposes.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
blacklabman said:
All companies/organizations, including charitable, should be required to respect the "do not call" list. I should not have to use call screening to know who is calling. I do not want to inconvenience the people calling me on legitimate purposes.
But as the law is written now, charities and non-profit organizations are not restricted by the do not call list. Also, anyone you do business with can call you. If you are a direct tv subscriber, you they can call, if you have verizon, verizon can call you. If you take out a loan to buy furniture, that loan comapany can call you to try and sell you another loan. There's so many loopholes it's almost worthless.

Pete

Repete
Excellent :getdown: Direct TV is the worst offender. Haji and Punjab from India would call me 5 times a week for weeks.

Pete

Repete
Bustem' Down said:
They call me too, but I have thier service.
Finally I asked Haji if he was Hindu and he said yes. I told him if he ever called me again I was going to kill a cow while chanting his name. They stopped calling me.

I think I would get part of that money for me aggrevation. :yay: the government will just waste it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is CLEARLY...

...a violation of free speech AND just plain un-American.

Do they get calls in Russia at dinner time to join a Belize co-op?

No.

Do they get calls at 7 am in Uzbekistan to lower your long distance rate?

No.

Do they get calls in Nauru at lunch time to get even lower long distance rates?

No.

How about Tunisia, say, tea time, for termite services, eh?

No.

Phone solicitors, I say to you, ladies and gentlemen, are symptomatic of greatness, of leadership, of advancement to the very cutting edge of human civilization and refinement.

So, the next time you're trying to get in the shower and someone calls you to try and get your money, feel honored as it is a reminder of your place, our place, on the food chain of nations and sing a few bars of "God Bless America" before you tell them to #### off and never call you again.

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...a violation of free speech AND just plain un-American.

Do they get calls in Russia at dinner time to join a Belize co-op?

No.

Do they get calls at 7 am in Uzbekistan to lower your long distance rate?

No.

Do they get calls in Nauru at lunch time to get even lower long distance rates?

No.

How about Tunisia, say, tea time, for termite services, eh?

No.

Phone solicitors, I say to you, ladies and gentlemen, are symptomatic of greatness, of leadership, of advancement to the very cutting edge of human civilization and refinement.

So, the next time you're trying to get in the shower and someone calls you to try and get your money, feel honored as it is a reminder of your place, our place, on the food chain of nations and sing a few bars of "God Bless America" before you tell them to #### off and never call you again.
I have your cell phone number and will be calling you for donations for next years Petezaa fund.......alot.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Did I say ANYTHING...

Pete said:
I have your cell phone number and will be calling you for donations for next years Petezaa fund.......alot.

...about ME being called and bothered?

No.

StarCat

I get at least 5 phone calls a day from the people who DONT put anyone on the phone within the first 15 seconds. I hang up on them so fast, I wish I knew who it was, so I could sue them :biggrin:

willie

Pete said:
Finally I asked Haji if he was Hindu and he said yes. I told him if he ever called me again I was going to kill a cow while chanting his name. They stopped calling me.
That's a winner! I can't wait to try that one.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
But as the law is written now, charities and non-profit organizations are not restricted by the do not call list. Also, anyone you do business with can call you. If you are a direct tv subscriber, you they can call, if you have verizon, verizon can call you. If you take out a loan to buy furniture, that loan comapany can call you to try and sell you another loan. There's so many loopholes it's almost worthless.
True. But when DirectTV kept calling me, I told them to stop; I was already a customer. They didn't. Then I told them I was already a customer but I wouldn't be if I got one more call from them. The calls stopped.

I think the do not call list is the best thing since sliced bread. Even if I do still get a few calls, its no where near what I used to get. Maybe the other companies will get the message now.