Do the Democrats have a viable 2020 nominee?

WingsOfGold

Thank the Japanese 🙏🏻
Nope, in my day it was Hitlers revenge on the world, the VW bug or ulgy shitboxes like Renaults, Fiats or Saabs (2 cycles). Like the Chinese nowadays the Japs were great at copycating. My Ram Hemi gets as good as the wifes 2018 4Runner, I guess they can't make a 6 cylinder run as cheap to run as a 390 HP full size American pickup. My 1980 Vette slugs along at 13 mpg but it turns well.

Hijinx

Nope, in my day it was Hitlers revenge on the world, the VW bug or ulgy shitboxes like Renaults, Fiats or Saabs (2 cycles). Like the Chinese nowadays the Japs were great at copycating. My Ram Hemi gets as good as the wifes 2018 4Runner, I guess they can't make a 6 cylinder run as cheap to run as a 390 HP full size American pickup. My 1980 Vette slugs along at 13 mpg but it turns well.
My wife had a Buick Roadmaster, it got 26 Miles per gallon on the highway with the V-b LT1 engine.
It would blow most other cars off the road.
She now has a 4 cylinder Toyota Venza. It gets 26 MPG on the road.
I have an F-150 Ford pickup that gets 23 MPG with it's 6 cylinder engine.

Why did America stop making the big 6 seater cars and force so many people into 4 door pick-ups, and SUV's that all look alike.

black dog

Free America
Is this even a coherent paragraph? Any boomer/genX threshold person can translate for me? Seems like some type of insult.

Here I'll help you,
Come to Indiana, work a week for me, a lazy fat Boomer, we have days worth of hand railing to install on a concrete plant outside.
we will see how good YOUR cardio really is, see if you can hang with a 62 year old Boomer for 10 hour days.
Bring arctic Carhartts, Baby its cold outside.

WingsOfGold

My wife had a Buick Roadmaster, it got 26 Miles per gallon on the highway with the V-b LT1 engine.
It would blow most other cars off the road.
She now has a 4 cylinder Toyota Venza. It gets 26 MPG on the road.
I have an F-150 Ford pickup that gets 23 MPG with it's 6 cylinder engine.

Why did America stop making the big 6 seater cars and force so many people into 4 door pick-ups, and SUV's that all look alike.
6 seat boats never impressed me that much unless one went through a time warp pre 70's, I had a few of them. Later ones like most things now get better mileage because of efi, 6 speed transmissions (my truck has 8) computers and weight loss. I LIKED the muscle era, owned many of them, 383's, 440's 340's, 327/350 and a host of others. My Vette even with 4sp and 350 is pretty much a dog by comparison but still fun to drive especially here in the mountains where as the boats would just slosh along curves with their 12mpg. between stops.
Looks wise... the newer F150's ugliest of the bunch IMHO and I'm not sold on the aluminum bed, gonna cost a ton to repair. I like the idea of the step bumper GM has but I REALLY like the power and comfortable ride my Dodg.... err Ram gives. Even with the Hemi it gets 21 on a long haul if I don't go over 60 but drops down to 18 @75/80 on I-81 which I can live with. I opted for the quad cab, the crew was just too damn parking lot long. Wife and 3 dogs vying for windows to slobber on it's perfect.
Her 4Runner is perfect for her, almost a carbon copy of the 2010 she traded it in on except for the larger backup camera she really wanted. Before we moved to Pa in 2014 we had a new Mustang 6 cyl 6 speed, AMAZING... 30 mpg on the highway and it was muscle car fast from a standing start. Dumped it because it sucked in the snow and we couldn't get it up the drive without dragging with the low front air dam.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Same as you.
Not hardly. 110-120 Holstein milked twice a day. Every day.

All still standing too...though not a single building I marked has been used in decades. Been a long time since a "small" dairy farm was profitable.

The "old workshop" was almost a museum...every power tool in it was run buy a flat leather belt off a jackshaft that ran the full length of the building, above the work bench and tools. That's why the building is long and skinny. Want to use one of the power tools..had to pull one of our older tractors with belt pulley over on the end and hook the belt...

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Not hardly. 110-120 Holstein milked twice a day. Every day.

All still standing too...though not a single building I marked has been used in decades. Been a long time since a "small" dairy farm was profitable.

The "old workshop" was almost a museum...every power tool in it was run buy a flat leather belt off a jackshaft that ran the full length of the building, above the work bench and tools. That's why the building is long and skinny. Want to use one of the power tools..had to pull one of our older tractors with belt pulley over on the end and hook the belt...
View attachment 142605
Any fish in that pond?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Any fish in that pond?
The actual farm pond is (was) that algae-covered one just to the north of the manure-collection pond. Back 40 years ago, yes..had some blue gill in it. Also had an old milk can cooling house built right on top of the spring that fed the pond. The spring quit running...the old milk house foundation is still there...no more fish.

No brown fish in the other pond either...all the cow manure from the dairy barns and that concrete slabbed pen was pushed in to troughs that dumped in to the settling pond. A soupy mess...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Brown Trout's....
Poo soup...no floaters. Of course it's just a dry hole now..a black dry hole.

We had a special poo pump rig on the pond (you can see the "dock" built for it, still sticking in to the holding pond). That pumped the poo slurry in to spreaders specifically designed to spread poo slurry..the biggest one - a Terragator - cost a fortune back then. The extensive application of poo slurry on our crop fields (corn especially) was one of the major contributors to nutrient runoff that hurt the bay so bad back then. The irony was...that was the methods the state pushed us to use....even supplying waste from WSSC and other threatment plants to farmers that didn't have diary cattle to generate enough of their own.

I loved driving this thing. We got about half drunk (OK..maybe more than half) one Christmas day and took it "off roading". Three of us crammed in the cab...one feller cracked his head open on the overhead when we bounced across a drainage ditch at 25 mph..LOL.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Poo soup...no floaters. Of course it's just a dry hole now..a black dry hole.

We had a special poo pump rig on the pond (you can see the "dock" built for it, still sticking in to the holding pond). That pumped the poo slurry in to spreaders specifically designed to spread poo slurry..the biggest one - a Terragator - cost a fortune back then. The extensive application of poo slurry on our crop fields (corn especially) was one of the major contributors to nutrient runoff that hurt the bay so bad back then. The irony was...that was the methods the state pushed us to use....even supplying waste from WSSC and other threatment plants to farmers that didn't have diary cattle to generate enough of their own.

I loved driving this thing. We got about half drunk (OK..maybe more than half) one Christmas day and took it "off roading". Three of us crammed in the cab...one feller cracked his head open on the overhead when we bounced across a drainage ditch at 25 mph..LOL. View attachment 142617
A hillbilly slingshot.