DO WHAT!! Chris Cox winnner....

T

TWHFAN1

Chris Cox won the 2007 Road to the Horse. I can not believe he beat out Clinton Anderson and Stacy Westfall.! Met him in person and boy does his last name suit him....Cox..aka ####y...aka???? But he must have been good with his horse pick. Ok so I am not a huge C.C fan. I do a blend of PNH, C.A and think Stacy is a light in the womans horse world! All opinoins accepted! We all have our fav.'s!

T

TWHFAN1

cattitude said:
I don't think DoWhat reads the horsey forum. :lol:

Hey I am a product of the 80's and a red neck! So Do What jsut fits. Kind of like I fixin' to...Ya know :razz:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I do also like the Parelli methods for the horse that needs it broken down for em. I have seen wonders done with horses at the barn through the Parelli methods.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I think they all bring something to the table - you just have to be able to choose what will work with what horse. Horse choice does have a big influence when you have that caliber clinician working. We saw at last years competition that C. A. had put the least amount of actual riding time on his horse -tons of ground work, and he was able to pull off an awesome trail class at the end. I like C.A, C.C, Monty Roberts, and Junior McLaughlin in West Va.

Tazgirl

I have to agree with Horselady.... I have tried D.R. and J.L. and can't understand half of what they are doing..... C.C. and Monty Roberts are great.....

T

TWHFAN1

I started with Parelli, up to L3 with my THW gelding and it did SO much for me as a rider and horse owner! However, I have expanded my horizons with Clinton, Craig Careron and Stacy Westfall. Everyone has something to offer, it is just all in who ya like. The extreme cowboy races with Craig are awsome!!They are going to do one at Loretta Lynn's 66ooarce ranch in Tenn. in June and Sept 07 with Craig!

T

TWHFAN1

TWHFAN1 said:
I started with Parelli, up to L3 with my THW gelding and it did SO much for me as a rider and horse owner! However, I have expanded my horizons with Clinton, Craig Careron and Stacy Westfall. Everyone has something to offer, it is just all in who ya like. The extreme cowboy races with Craig are awsome!!They are going to do one at Loretta Lynn's 66ooarce ranch in Tenn. in June and Sept 07 with Craig!

OOPS! Fingers are faster then brain...TWH gelding! :whistle:

2baymares

TWHFAN1 said:

I agree. Everyone has something to offer. I've watched D.R., J.L., C.A., C.C., & M.R. I like them all. It's interesting to see the different techniques. The only trainer I'm not sure about is Ken McNab on RFD TV. I watched one of his shows & he was working a horse up & down ditches & hills. The horse was getting more upset as the time went on & he just kept working it. I had to change the channel because it was way too obvious that the saddle had slid back about a foot from where it should of been and He was sitting on the horses kidneys. He did not get off and adjust it. :shocking: ....then on another show he said that it was Safer to Run your horse down a hill than up a hill. :dork:

T

TWHFAN1

2baymares said:
I agree. Everyone has something to offer. I've watched D.R., J.L., C.A., C.C., & M.R. I like them all. It's interesting to see the different techniques. The only trainer I'm not sure about is Ken McNab on RFD TV. I watched one of his shows & he was working a horse up & down ditches & hills. The horse was getting more upset as the time went on & he just kept working it. I had to change the channel because it was way too obvious that the saddle had slid back about a foot from where it should of been and He was sitting on the horses kidneys. He did not get off and adjust it. :shocking: ....then on another show he said that it was Safer to Run your horse down a hill than up a hill. :dork:

He so totally puts me to sleep! He voice is __________.... There is another guy on RFD that reminds me of K.M. totally a snoozer with some strange training tech.'s :coffee:

2baymares

TWHFAN1 said:
He so totally puts me to sleep! He voice is __________.... There is another guy on RFD that reminds me of K.M. totally a snoozer with some strange training tech.'s :coffee:

strange how?

T

TWHFAN1

Strange as in, I saw the one guy using a plastic bag to get the horse to move out...?? I use them to desensitize a horse, so why would I chase them with it. It scared the crap out of the horse. I saw the episode you were speaking of to. That is so old school, I work with some old timers that do the same thing. I hate it, so stressful for the horse.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i like c.a because he is down to earth and you get results fast, unlike parelli, you have to work with them for a long time, but the results are good in the end. c.c at horse expo wouldnt even go to his booth and talk to ppl, he seemed snobish... but i like any trainer that gets results!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
TWHFAN1 said:

I just want the RFD channel,, :tantrum
i'm so deprived.. :bawl:

But my fav is C.A.
I like some others too but who all was at the Parelli show where he just sorta lost it!!! :war:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
SouthernMdRocks said:
I like some others too but who all was at the Parelli show where he just sorta lost it!!! :war:
what do u mean? i been to all, which is only two(that i know of), of the show things that he had at the pg eq center...

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
flarenuphope said:
what do u mean? i been to all, which is only two(that i know of), of the show things that he had at the pg eq center...

I was at a show I think a couple years ago. He had a really wild one that was dragging him from one side of the arena to the other. What was funny was he had gone through the talk about keeping your cool and then he just sorta lost his!! He got really peeved, jumped on his horse and then dragged the other horse all over the ring to teach him a lesson. He also snapped at his son within earshot of everyone, no biggie, everyone loses their cool at one time or another!

T

TWHFAN1

SouthernMdRocks said:
I was at a show I think a couple years ago. He had a really wild one that was dragging him from one side of the arena to the other. What was funny was he had gone through the talk about keeping your cool and then he just sorta lost his!! He got really peeved, jumped on his horse and then dragged the other horse all over the ring to teach him a lesson. He also snapped at his son within earshot of everyone, no biggie, everyone loses their cool at one time or another!

Didn't see that one. But I do know that he was trail riding at his ranch with a bunch of L1 people, showing off with a 2 year old and just the savvy string around its neck....Horse TOOK OFF. They didn't see him again till dinner. I also think they are a bad influence to children and adults alike by not promoting helmets...expecially when jumping a friggin picknic table! He lessons for everday people are good. Just take allot of commitment and time. :yay: