Do Women Today.....

DEEKAYPEE8569

1fc5d30edea7aeaa1c0ca44068356299.jpg

1955.....I can comprehend this mind set; just not in today's world.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control

But there's plenty who do. Back in the mid-nineties, a woman I knew got married in Rocky Mount SC. Church was literally a storefront. And the vows explicitly stated that the woman should submit herself to her husband just as he submitted himself to God, and that she would be rewarded in that submission just as her husband would in his........ I remember thinking , "Wow, no kidding, vows like that are still the norm to some folks"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I know women who take on that role in their marriage. They seem happy. :shrug:

I'm guessing you get expectations out of the way in the dating process, so that if one wants an ubertraditional marriage and the other doesn't you don't have any misunderstandings.

DEEKAYPEE8569

But there's plenty who do. Back in the mid-nineties, a woman I knew got married in Rocky Mount SC. Church was literally a storefront. And the vows explicitly stated that the woman should submit herself to her husband just as he submitted himself to God, and that she would be rewarded in that submission just as her husband would in his........ I remember thinking , "Wow, no kidding, vows like that are still the norm to some folks"
As in, 'love, honor and obey.' That last one's not in the standard vows anymore. Now, it is or was 'cherish.'

SoMDGirl42

still appreciate doors being opened for them; men who can cook; things like that?

I appreciate the door being held open for me, whether by a man or a woman and I always reply with a thank you. In return I will always hold the door for a man, woman or child and I think it's extremely rude when they can't response with a quick "thanks" or especially when I've had them nearly run me over to get into the establishment before I do.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I know women who take on that role in their marriage. They seem happy. :shrug:

my wife is very happy with our situation ... she likes being a stay - at - home [mostly] , working 3 days at week at our daughter's school

SamSpade

Since I haven't DATED in years - aside from the outings my wife and I call a date - I don't know. I generally have to work hard to open doors and pull out chairs because she's not really paying attention.

And except for cooking on the grill outside, she generally will NOT eat anything I cook no matter what it tastes like.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Uh...I think all women like having the door held open for them, being treated with respect and feeling appreciated. In fact, I think all people like that.

This has me wondering all the stories I hear about women that have to get restraining orders. I keep hearing about a bad boy attraction. Well isn't self centered part of the bad boy persona? I scratch my head at the women that procreate with a guy that shows zero potential as a bread winner. So while people will say they like to be treated with respect many of them are lacking self respect.

SamSpade

This has me wondering all the stories I hear about women that have to get restraining orders. I keep hearing about a bad boy attraction. Well isn't self centered part of the bad boy persona? I scratch my head at the women that procreate with a guy that shows zero potential as a bread winner. So while people will say they like to be treated with respect many of them are lacking self respect.

I only marginally understand the bad boy attraction, but I have to think it has something to do with the girl's self-image - as in, no one ELSE can tame them - but damn - *I* can.

That said, I've told my girls - even as young as they are - if any boy comes to pick them up and leans on the horn to get them to come will deal with my foot up their ass.
No one will disrespect my girls that way. I'm a big believer in "if you make them cry, I will make YOU cry".

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I only marginally understand the bad boy attraction, but I have to think it has something to do with the girl's self-image - as in, no one ELSE can tame them - but damn - *I* can.

That said, I've told my girls - even as young as they are - if any boy comes to pick them up and leans on the horn to get them to come will deal with my foot up their ass.
No one will disrespect my girls that way. I'm a big believer in "if you make them cry, I will make YOU cry".

Except nowadays instead of honking in your driveway they're just going to text her that they're here and expect the girl to come outside.

SamSpade

Except nowadays instead of honking in your driveway they're just going to text her that they're here and expect the girl to come outside.

Then I will improvise - I can already see evidence of enough "boy crazy" in my little girls that they might allow themselves to be disrespected this way.
They're much too nice to realize, boys need their asses kicked to the curb - most of the time.