Do You Feel Safe After Getting the Jab?

TPD

the poor dad
I'm having this discussion on the cruise critic forum (98% liberals btw) about vaccinations. Can you believe that people vaccinated with the wuhan jab do not feel safe cruising with me, TPD, because I have not been vaccinated (and anyone else who hasn't been)? I suggested they are still free to wear masks if they feel unsafe but they say nope, their rights to feel safe without a mask trump my rights not to be vaccinated. Some think I should not be allowed on the ship or in a store at all if not vaccinated.

So my question to those who have received the full regimen - do you now feel safe to go out and about with your daily routines, regardless of the vaccination history of those around you? Or are you still hesitant? If still hesitant, why? Help me understand the purpose of a vaccine.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Got both, don't feel any different, not any more empowered or safer. I did it so I could visit with family last week. But I guess I do feel a bit better knowing I won't pass anything on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Got both, don't feel any different, not any more empowered or safer. I did it so I could visit with family last week. But I guess I do feel a bit better knowing I won't pass anything on.

The news people and politicians say that even if you are vaccinated you could still get the virus and infect someone, which is why you still will have to wear a mask and social distance. I'm guessing they got that information from the CDC, or maybe it was just Fauci, but anyway that is what they're saying.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
their rights to feel safe without a mask

You might want to share this with them:

Patients who have been vaccinated can certainly still contract SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, and pass it on to others. There are two reasons for that, says Matthew Woodruff, an immunologist at Emory University.

First, he says, being vaccinated doesn't guarantee protection. Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines have been shown to be extremely effective — about 95% — at preventing Covid symptoms, but that still means they won't work in some people.

<snip>

Secondly, says Woodruff, being protected from symptoms of a disease isn't the same as being free from infection.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The news people and politicians say that even if you are vaccinated you could still get the virus and infect someone, which is why you still will have to wear a mask and social distance. I'm guessing they got that information from the CDC, or maybe it was just Fauci, but anyway that is what they're saying.
Ah, sorry. I was working on version 17.4.3 of the "Covid Rules". They must have been updated again...

:lol:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Patients who have been vaccinated can certainly still contract SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, and pass it on to others. There are two reasons for that, says Matthew Woodruff, an immunologist at Emory University.

First, he says, being vaccinated doesn't guarantee protection. Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines have been shown to be extremely effective — about 95% — at preventing Covid symptoms, but that still means they won't work in some people.

<snip>

Secondly, says Woodruff, being protected from symptoms of a disease isn't the same as being free from infection.
Which, again, begs the question from the elephant in the room .... So what is the point of getting this experimental COVID vaccine?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
"They're" saying that people with the vaccine can STILL be "carriers". :rolleyes: I think they're all nutz, but that is what the mantra is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
Well they tried to flip the scrip on cruise critic, now claiming they don't want me on their cruise unvaccinated because I could cause an outbreak that then turns into the next Diamond Princess cruise where people died and everyone else was quarantined to their cabin for 2 weeks. That clearly was not the original post -
So, why do I have to feel unsafe?
And, why do you have to feel inconvenienced?
This is a no win thing.
I agree.

I do not want to go somewhere with people who are not vaccinated.

But I want to go to place A.
You do not have a vaccination and you also want to go to place A.
Who gets priority?
One of us will not have their rights and beliefs.

Reactions: BOP

Bann

PREMO Member
:rolleyes:
They're all mental.

I've been following a much more reasonable doctor from Johns Hopkins - Dr. Marty Makary -

Bann

PREMO Member

<snip>

Just a personal testimonial - Thing1 was living in the same house as I was the entire time I was COVID positive. We did not social distance or isolate at all. I think his vaccinations helped protect him, as he tested negative, and has never come down with symptoms.

(*however, he was sick as two dogs in December 2019/Jan. 2020 before all this COVID thing was known. Soo...)

black dog

Free America
Funny thing, like any other year I have worked and lived life the last year like any other yesr with being around a few thousand other folks with doing work in a few different factorys and distribution centers.
I have yet to pass anything on to any other person or catch anything else from any other person. If im not required by the property owner to wear a mask I havent worn one, and its not looking good that I will get a vaccination for Covid. I guess like god planned that a 62 year old fat guy that smoked for 34 uears and has to watch his sugar my immune system still works like its supposed to.

black dog

Free America
Well they tried to flip the scrip on cruise critic, now claiming they don't want me on their cruise unvaccinated because I could cause an outbreak that then turns into the next Diamond Princess cruise where people died and everyone else was quarantined to their cabin for 2 weeks. That clearly was not the original post -
How do others know who has been vaccinated?
Duh... Stop telling folks your person health vaccination record, are others conserned that you are carrying hiv, hep B or C, Tuberculosis, herps or any other life changing things you can catch in the world??
Folks need to be concerned with there own health needs and problems and I will worry about mine.

Maybe those that worry about others should be required to get a forearm tattoo from our Governmet with numbers on what vaccines they have taken to prove what they have taken.

14 months ago we all understood that those that are susceptible die by the hundreds of thousands every year in the good old usa from colds, flue, strokes, heart attacks and so on.
Some have forgotten that simple fact. We aint getting out of here alive and like nature Only the Strong Survive.

Last edited:

General Lee

If I may

This is not fact, just personal opinion, as who knows what really fact really is.....My understanding/opinion of the vaccines is its help protect the recipient from severe sickness, hospitalization, possibly death from covid. It does nothing to stop them from getting it or spreading it to others.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
62 year old fat guy that smoked for 34 uears and has to watch his sugar
64 year old chunky monkey here, smoked from 18 - 53, 3 packs a day from 25 - 48. Also knocked back 1/2 - 1 bottle of whiskey a day for many years at a time. Borderline on both blood sugar levels and blood pressure, as well as surviving a lot of illness over the course of my life, worst having been the cancer a little under 6 years ago.

I like to think I'm disgustingly healthy for all of that.

vince77

statistics say the less educated people are more likely to refuse to get the Covid vaccine. That would make sense because So Md is the least educated region in the metro dc area. Makes sense.

black dog

Free America
statistics say the less educated people are more likely to refuse to get the Covid vaccine. That would make sense because So Md is the least educated region in the metro dc area. Makes sense.

Your own post says you should allow some uneducated redneck to make your medical decisions instesd of following like a sheep.
Bet you voted for Biden also.
#fromadumbasswelder