Do You Feel Safe After Getting the Jab?

Louise

for whatever this might be worth (and speaking as a current houstonian), this guy is not a reliable doctor. there may be reasons to be cautious here, but literally nothing this quack says on the subject has any validity. just my 2 cents.

The covid vaccine has not been approved by the FDA. Does that factor in? Just wondering?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I go on high alert when there is a doctor or expert throwing the entire COVID situation out as kookery.

No offense on your source, TPD, but Dr. Hotze does seem to be a very right wing extremist type of guy. Some of his background makes him look like a quack as well. :ohwell:

It's not kookery -the virus exists, because I got it. I didn't DIE. I got over it. I had tests that prove I had it. I don't seem to have any residual side effects. Maybe I will - maybe I won't. Same as with having any illness throughout my life. Do I think the vaccine would have prevented it? I have no idea - but my son was recently vaccinated and he didn't get it. And we were not isolating at all in the house. Would he have gotten thru COVID as well as I did? No idea. I couldn't guess.

People did die FROM COVID - for all kinds of reasons. That's also fact. Pandemic numbers of people died. That's a fact. Were mistakes made in handling it? We KNOW there were.

I agree that it is CRAZY how this pandemic is still being handled. But there is also SO MUCH BS surround both sides of this issue.

There is a LOT of very good, scientific data out on the vaccine. There is a lot of evidence (spread out all over this website in posts and on the internet as well) for people to look up and check out for themselves.

I'm using Wikipedia as a starting off point when I looked that Doctor up, but there are other things online, as well .
In 1976, Hotze graduated from the University of Texas Medical Branch with his Doctor of Medicine.[4] Hotze promoted a series of claims with no basis in science, including that taking birth control pills made women "less attractive to men" and that "when men lose their testicles to disease or injury, they have difficulty reading a map, performing math problems and making decisions."[1] In December 2020, Vice described Hotze's medical practice as "hawking 'alternative treatments' for postpartum depression, aging, thyroid problems, and even COVID-19".[4] Hotze has promoted various fringe and pseudoscientific medical claims, such as the existence of "yeast hypersensitivity syndrome"; the use of colloidal silver as a cure for various diseases; and the use of non-standard drugs for hypothyroidism.[1] A seller of hormone therapy products,[5] Hotze gained wealth through a chain of "wellness centers" in Texas.[4] He asserted that his line of bioidentical hormones prevented cancer, a claim that lacks scientific support.[1] Hotze has been a practicing physician since at least 2000, and is based on Katy, Texas.[6]

In a 2005 appearance on the CBS Early Show, Hotze advanced his views about thyroid disorders; in a letter to CBS, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists criticized Hotze's statements as "completely erroneous and unsubstantiated, and ... readily refuted by a large body of solid scientific evidence."[7][8] In 2018, an environmental organization filed suit against Hotze's businesses, alleging that some of its consumer products contained undisclosed quantities of lead; that suit is pending.[8]

Hotze published a book, Hormones, Health and Happiness, through an Austin, Texas vanity press.[1]

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
People did die FROM COVID - for all kinds of reasons. That's also fact. Pandemic numbers of people died. That's a fact. Were mistakes made in handling it? We KNOW there were.

Not as many as reported ........ millions died WITH Covid not FROM Covid

There is a HUGE Difference ..... if you died within 25 days of testing positive, your death was listed as Covid ... they even tried counting people dying of gun shots as Covid deaths

Bann

PREMO Member
I go on high alert when there is a doctor or expert throwing the entire COVID situation out as kookery.

No offense on your source, TPD, but Dr. Hotze does seem to be a very right wing extremist type of guy. Some of his background makes him look like a quack as well. :ohwell:

It's not kookery -the virus exists, because I got it. I didn't DIE. I got over it. I had tests that prove I had it. I don't seem to have any residual side effects. Maybe I will - maybe I won't. Same as with having any illness throughout my life. Do I think the vaccine would have prevented it? I have no idea - but my son was recently vaccinated and he didn't get it. And we were not isolating at all in the house. Would he have gotten thru COVID as well as I did? No idea. I couldn't guess.

I agree that it is CRAZY how this pandemic is still being handled. But there is also SO MUCH BS surround both sides of this issue.

There is a LOT of very good, scientific data out on the vaccine. There is a lot of evidence (spread out all over this website in posts and on the internet as well) for people to look up and check out for themselves.

I'm using Wikipedia as a starting off point when I looked that Doctor up, but there are other things online, as well .

Quoting myself - I forgot to add this in typing my post:

Out of our 10 employees at work - NONE of my co-workers got sick after I did. And none if them were vaccinated. (in hindsight, I was working at least 5 days UNDIAGNOSED with symptoms, as I had tested negative. )

Bann

PREMO Member
Not as many as reported ........ millions died WITH Covid not FROM Covid

There is a HUGE Difference ..... if you died within 25 days of testing positive, your death was listed as Covid ... they even tried counting people dying of gun shots as Covid deaths
YES. I'm well aware of that GURPS. That was not my point.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

for whatever this might be worth (and speaking as a current houstonian), this guy is not a reliable doctor. there may be reasons to be cautious here, but literally nothing this quack says on the subject has any validity. just my 2 cents.
The all knowing woke oracle with personal issues has spoken. Anything going against the official government propaganda narrative shoved daily ad nauseam, is fake, nothing but quackery, and should be summarily dismissed and discarded. All should, in lock-step, immediately proceed to the nearest injection station for your experimental gene therapy infusion.

As an aside, I'm an most certain the, "current houstonian", will fit right in with those leftest Bolshevik liberals at St. Mary's Collage.

Btw. The good doctor is speaking the truth. All one has to do is to the research for themselves and read.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

The all knowing woke oracle with personal issues has spoken. Anything going against the official government propaganda narrative shoved daily ad nauseam, is fake, nothing but quackery, and should be summarily dismissed and discarded. All should, in lock-step, immediately proceed to the nearest injection station for your experimental gene therapy infusion.

As an aside, I'm an most certain the, "current houstonian", will fit right in with those leftest Bolshevik liberals at St. Mary's Collage.

Btw. The good doctor is speaking the truth. All one has to do is to the research for themselves and read.
Can you read a map?

black dog

Free America
It was because of you. You just go on and on and on and on so I delete my first post and think about you and how much I dislike you and for one satisfying second I get to wipe out all your pompous dribble.

Editing your posts in the middle of the night?

Thats called a Kookoo Moment of Clarity.....

Answering for Kyle...

HGMilstead

The covid vaccine has not been approved by the FDA. Does that factor in? Just wondering?

it has been approved for emergency use, and studies have been conducted (and others are still ongoing, i believe) that indicate it is a safe and effective approach (effective enough? i suppose no one knows that. safe enough? for the vast majority of us, it appears so.)

i tend to be one of those folks who thinks that the fda takes too long to approve new medicines, so i should be happy that a treatment like this one has been greenlit. however, i, too, think talking with your doctors about the safety of this vaccine is a smart, necessary move — partly because it was developed on a faster time table.

example: my uncle is a transplant patient, and so is on immunosuppressants as part of his regular health regime. he would only have the vaccine if and when his transplant doctors gave him the ok. had they informed him it was not safe for someone with his profile, he would have declined and i would have supported this decision. (they informed him that while no trials testing the vaccine exclusively on transplant patients had yet been carried out, based on the mountains of data they did have, it was safe and smart for him to take the vaccine).

so short answer to your question: yes. the fact that these vaccines were developed comparatively quickly is something to take into consideration. i know of no better way to weigh that info than by using the advice of medical professionals.