Do You Feel Safe After Getting the Jab?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

it has been approved for emergency use, and studies have been conducted (and others are still ongoing, i believe) that indicate it is a safe and effective approach (effective enough? i suppose no one knows that. safe enough? for the vast majority of us, it appears so.)

i tend to be one of those folks who thinks that the fda takes too long to approve new medicines, so i should be happy that a treatment like this one has been greenlit. however, i, too, think talking with your doctors about the safety of this vaccine is a smart, necessary move — partly because it was developed on a faster time table.

example: my uncle is a transplant patient, and so is on immunosuppressants as part of his regular health regime. he would only have the vaccine if and when his transplant doctors gave him the ok. had they informed him it was not safe for someone with his profile, he would have declined and i would have supported this decision. (they informed him that while no trials testing the vaccine exclusively on transplant patients had yet been carried out, based on the mountains of data they did have, it was safe and smart for him to take the vaccine).

so short answer to your question: yes. the fact that these vaccines were developed comparatively quickly is something to take into consideration. i know of no better way to weigh that info than by using the advice of medical professionals.
Approved for "emergency use" is another term for legal experimentation using the whole of a Nation's population through the uninformed implied consent of the idiots lining up for an untested gene therapy concoction. No one knows the effect on the human body 5-10-15 years from now these EAU vaccines will have on those that got it. NO ONE KNOWS. It is all supposition, speculation, guesswork, a notion. All for an illness with a 98.5% survivability. Once you get any of these experimental "vaccines", there is no getting it out. There is no redo. No do over.

In a country where the traditional definition of virtue has “evolved” and the search for metaphysical truth has largely been sidelined, millions of Americans seem to believe that there is no higher truth than the "Science" and that there are no more virtuous citizens, (@HGMilstead), than those who deferentially submit to the experts, the societal planners, and the proclaimers of the Science.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive… To be ‘cured’ against one’s will and cured of states which we may not even regard as disease is to be put on a level with those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.” ~ C.S. Lewis

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
it has been approved for emergency use, and studies have been conducted (and others are still ongoing, i believe) that indicate it is a safe and effective approach (effective enough? i suppose no one knows that. safe enough? for the vast majority of us, it appears so.)

i tend to be one of those folks who thinks that the fda takes too long to approve new medicines, so i should be happy that a treatment like this one has been greenlit. however, i, too, think talking with your doctors about the safety of this vaccine is a smart, necessary move — partly because it was developed on a faster time table.

example: my uncle is a transplant patient, and so is on immunosuppressants as part of his regular health regime. he would only have the vaccine if and when his transplant doctors gave him the ok. had they informed him it was not safe for someone with his profile, he would have declined and i would have supported this decision. (they informed him that while no trials testing the vaccine exclusively on transplant patients had yet been carried out, based on the mountains of data they did have, it was safe and smart for him to take the vaccine).

so short answer to your question: yes. the fact that these vaccines were developed comparatively quickly is something to take into consideration. i know of no better way to weigh that info than by using the advice of medical professionals.

:yay: :yay:

Created quickly - because it was basically fast-tracked by POTUS TRUMP to get it developed without all the normal BS red tape. But it was developed with the very same technology that other vaccines are created. The technology itself isn't new.

HGMilstead

:yay: :yay:

Created quickly - because it was basically fast-tracked by POTUS TRUMP to get it developed without all the normal BS red tape. But it was developed with the very same technology that other vaccines are created. The technology itself isn't new.

my own politics are quite muddled (no label seems to fit well enough, meaning i tend to piss off both sides and often), but i was not a fan of trump. that being said, his admin working to get this fast tracked deserves credit.

it does occur to me that many who dismiss these vaccines (or engage in conspiracy theories about their severe dangers or secret reported uses) are also trump supporters. these two parts don’t seem to be compatible, but we humans are complicated beings, and some times (often times) our attitudes and behaviors are mysterious even to ourselves.

in any event, i am grateful for the strong leadership shown on this issue, and for the hard work of thousands to help realize it. go usa!

Bann

PREMO Member
my own politics are quite muddled (no label seems to fit well enough, meaning i tend to piss off both sides and often), but i was not a fan of trump. that being said, his admin working to get this fast tracked deserves credit.

it does occur to me that many who dismiss these vaccines (or engage in conspiracy theories about their severe dangers or secret reported uses) are also trump supporters. these two parts don’t seem to be compatible, but we humans are complicated beings, and some times (often times) our attitudes and behaviors are mysterious even to ourselves.

in any event, i am grateful for the strong leadership shown on this issue, and for the hard work of thousands to help realize it. go usa!

:yay:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Butt seriously...ran in to someone I know while waiting the mandatory 15 minutes after the shot. We chatted a bit. Watched a frail old fella almost break down in tears when he learned that he still had to cover $625/month of some medication out of pocket. He apparently thought his Medicare and supplemental insurance had it covered. Felt bad for the old guy,,,, The gal that administered my shot was a model of brisk efficiency and very pleasant to boot.

mitzi

I'm betting that Dr. LightRoasted, M.D. will be along shortly to tell you how foolish you've been. Congrats for the making the decision though and for all the right reasons. :huggy:

Are you waving your Communist flag yet Gilligan? Do you feel your DNA changing? How's that chip feeling in your arm?

Louise

Are you waving your Communist flag yet Gilligan? Do you feel your DNA changing? How's that chip feeling in your arm?

Why are you so trusting? Just wondering. Again, my fam has not gotten a flu shot in 15 years, and we haven’t been sick. Most people that died in the 1918 flu pandemic was from wearing masks, and died from viral pneumonia. Take care.

mitzi

Why are you so trusting? Just wondering. Again, my fam has not gotten a flu shot in 15 years, and we haven’t been sick. Most people that died in the 1918 flu pandemic was from wearing masks, and died from viral pneumonia. Take care.

I have doubts about things. I wonder, I'm not blindly trusting. Vaccines seem to work for me. I've gotten flu vaccines for years. The only years I didn't get one, I was terribly sick for a week and took weeks to feel like myself again. I understand you're anti vax, that's fine it's your choice. I always chose to be vaccinated because I didn't want to get sick, miss a week of work, spread it to my family or coworkers.

Bann

PREMO Member

Why do you care? You're not "just wondering". You're running around the forums again wagging your finger and scolding at people (only certain people) for making educated decisions for themselves. You're a rabid anti-vaxxer because your daughter has MS. Good for you. Your whole family has never had the flu shot and never gotten the flu. Yippee!!

I guess you feel like everyone besides you and LR are so stupid that they can't research something for themselves. You fansy yourself as the saviors of the world. I'm not sure what anyone ever did without you! 🤔

Take care.

mitzi

Why do you care? You're not "just wondering". You're running around the forums again wagging your finger and scolding at people (only certain people) for making educated decisions for themselves. You're a rabid anti-vaxxer because your daughter has MS. Good for you. Your whole family has never had the flu shot and never gotten the flu. Yippee!!

I guess you feel like everyone besides you and LR are so stupid that they can't research something for themselves. You fansy yourself as the saviors of the world. I'm not sure what anyone ever did without you! 🤔

Take care.

It's the same argument over and over for a year now. It's like :deadhorse.

Louise

Take care.

Because I care. And, you are way over the top; as usual. Take care. :bann: