Do You Feel Safe After Getting the Jab?

mitzi

So, your opposition\difference of opinion from mine is different than beating a dead horse?

At least, I stick to my guns. Take care. :)

No. The arguing on Covid and the vaccine have been going on for over a year now with everyone. Not just between us. At this point, I don't think anyone is going to change their mind on what they believe. That's the beating of a dead horse.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No. The arguing on Covid and the vaccine have been going on for over a year now with everyone. Not just between us. At this point, I don't anyone is going to change their mind on what they believe. That's the beating of a dead horse.
I would be very, very afraid if I'd never had the flu or vaccine for the flu. If I knew that my body didn't carry any antibodies that come from having flu and recovering, covid would scare the chit out of me. Since I've had both the flu, and more recently vaccinations, I feel confident that I would live through it, but missing a week or more from work would be tough on my finances. Yes, I live paycheck to paycheck.

DaSDGuy

I feel great. I'm ready for no more masks, no more social distancing, full occupations for stores, restaurants and bars, and life back to before covid. If people dont want the shots, fine. That's their choice. But I shouldn't be forced to protect them. Besides, its only 2% that will die, right Dr. LightRoasted?

ginwoman

I saw on the ticker last evening on FOX that three states have banned or stopped using the J&J vaccine due to many people having side effects. They didn't elaborate, only mentioned fainting. Maybe there's new info out there now.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I'm having this discussion on the cruise critic forum (98% liberals btw) about vaccinations. Can you believe that people vaccinated with the wuhan jab do not feel safe cruising with me, TPD, because I have not been vaccinated (and anyone else who hasn't been)? I suggested they are still free to wear masks if they feel unsafe but they say nope, their rights to feel safe without a mask trump my rights not to be vaccinated. Some think I should not be allowed on the ship or in a store at all if not vaccinated.

So my question to those who have received the full regimen - do you now feel safe to go out and about with your daily routines, regardless of the vaccination history of those around you? Or are you still hesitant? If still hesitant, why? Help me understand the purpose of a vaccine.
What the dumb ****s don't seem to realize is even if you are vaccinated, you can still be a carrier.
So I'm no less safe around you than I am around someone who is vaccinated. Presuming the vaccine works as advertised.
My biggest gripe is I don't want to go some place warm and have to wear a freaking mask.
How the hockeypuck do you swim with a mask on?
It's one of my major excuses for not wanting to go to Disney. Even if it would be a relatively free vacation.

I've had both my doses. I don't feel any more safe than I did before. Because before, I was just careful who I was around.
I trusted that people who were sick would stay home.

TPD

the poor dad
What the dumb ****s don't seem to realize is even if you are vaccinated, you can still be a carrier.
So I'm no less safe around you than I am around someone who is vaccinated. Presuming the vaccine works as advertised.
My biggest gripe is I don't want to go some place warm and have to wear a freaking mask.
How the hockeypuck do you swim with a mask on?
It's one of my major excuses for not wanting to go to Disney. Even if it would be a relatively free vacation.

I've had both my doses. I don't feel any more safe than I did before. Because before, I was just careful who I was around.
I trusted that people who were sick would stay home.
Up until the last month or so, travel has been cheap, but like you I refuse to go on vacation where a mask is required and where people are constantly on you about wearing one. It's similar to those flea markets in Jamaica where the locals are constantly hounding you to buy something or make them an offer - just not fun even tho you are in a beautiful location with great weather.

And yeah - from the information we have at the moment, you can still catch the 'rona after getting the vaccine which then negates the argument cruisers are having about not wanting to go on a ship with unvaccinated people because their cruise would be cut short or everyone quarantined to their cabins for a week if there are positive cases onboard. The positive cases could be from the vaccinated! And will it make a difference if you test positive and vaccinated or not in the protocols that the cruise ship will then put in place for an outbreak. A bunch of liberals on that forum who have no clue.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
How is being a possible so-called carrier of Covid-19 after having the vaccine anymore ridiculous or worse than being a carrier of the flu if you also got the flu vaccine?

If elderly people do not get the flu vaccine...typically their doctors always recommend for them to be careful when they go out in public! In fact, I have seen patients who are at risk for infection of a cold or virus or flu bug wearing masks out in public for years so they don't contract something!

Now ---after the year of research, development and production of this vaccine... and after all the things that we have been told that we were going to be doing to so-called flatten the curve" we're all expected to protect every single freaking starfish in the ocean.

Enough. You just can't save all the starfish dammit!

TPD

the poor dad
How is being a possible so-called carrier of Covid-19 after having the vaccine anymore ridiculous or worse than being a carrier of the flu if you also got the flu vaccine?

If elderly people do not get the flu vaccine...typically their doctors always recommend for them to be careful when they go out in public! In fact, I have seen patients who are at risk for infection of a cold or virus or flu bug wearing masks out in public for years so they don't contract something!

Now ---after the year of research, development and production of this vaccine... and after all the things that we have been told that we were going to be doing to so-called flatten the curve" we're all expected to protect every single freaking starfish in the ocean.

Enough. You just can't save all the starfish dammit!
Apparently when it comes to the covid, it is a zero-sum game. Maybe I'm not using the term correctly, but apparently we have to get to zero cases and zero deaths before we get back to "normal" whatever that will mean. It is impossible to talk common sense with liberals.

Grumpy

Apparently when it comes to the covid, it is a zero-sum game. Maybe I'm not using the term correctly, but apparently we have to get to zero cases and zero deaths before we get back to "normal" whatever that will mean. It is impossible to talk common sense with liberals.
^that

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
In LIBERAL land. not in the rational minds of a lot of experts. but of course they are not the ones getting the most attention in the media either.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
By the looks of things in SMC, other than masks, we are back to normal. People are done with the sanitizer and distancing and arguing for the most part. At least from what I can see in my small world. I went to 2 retail establishments yesterday, with no mask of course, and no one gave me the stink eye, no one noticeably backed 10' away from me.

At my business, people have let their guard down. Masked customers are no longer glaring at unmasked customers, tho we still are not seeing that many unmasked, even tho I believe most know my policy. I see less use of sanitizer, very little distancing. All of this could be because so many people have gotten the jab and are feeling more comfortable. I don't really know and don't have the time to stop and ask everyone. But I think the majority, at least in SMC, are done with this crap!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
At my business, people have let their guard down. Masked customers are no longer glaring at unmasked customers, tho we still are not seeing that many unmasked, even tho I believe most know my policy.
I wore one just in case the spies were watching your place, not because I was concerned.