Do You Feel Safe After Getting the Jab?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I saw them with George Thorogood way back in the day.
This was back in the early/mid 70s. Emmy Lou's Mom and Aunt would casually bring the rest of the quilting/macrame group up to date with the latest news about their talented daughter/neice's rise to fame. It was some years later that I actually became an Emmy Lou fan myself..

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

GopherM

Darwin was right
We have had both injections of the Moderna. The wife didn't even have a sore arm or any other noticeable effects. The first shot gave me the typical sore arm for a couple of days. Toward the end of the second day after the first injection, I started had mild body aches and slight fever and chills. I felt like I had mild flu-like symptoms for a couple of days. I didn't have any upset stomach or anything but I seemed to lose my appetite for nearly two weeks. Everything smelled and tasted OK, I just felt stuffed after a couple of bites and lost around 10 pounds in two weeks. I did feel tired and took several naps during the two weeks. About two weeks after the first shot I developed a very small bump at the injection site that felt like a pellet of birdshot under the skin that lasted for a couple of days and went away. I later read that any reaction from a rash to a bump of any sort was actually a good sign the vaccine was doing its thing. Another friend of ours had the same experience as I did, only it was with her second injection after having no reaction to the first.

The wife had the same experience after her second as her first. I felt like I might be getting a very slight fever late in the evening after the second shot and just took some Tylenol and went to bed and felt fine after that.

I have had similar reactions to the flu shots.

I had first Moderna shot Wednesday morning. By noon that day I was feeling loopy then by 2 I was tired. Soreness and swelling at shot are hit the next day. This morning is first day I do not feel tired and achy. Still have soreness and swelling of arm. I did have COVID the first week of January so maybe that is why I had extra reaction to the shot.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I had first Moderna shot Wednesday morning. By noon that day I was feeling loopy then by 2 I was tired. Soreness and swelling at shot are hit the next day. This morning is first day I do not feel tired and achy. Still have soreness and swelling of arm. I did have COVID the first week of January so maybe that is why I had extra reaction to the shot.
It sounds like reactions are very different from patient to patient depending on what antibodies they already carry. Moderna is what my primary care doctor offered and is probably the one I will eventually get. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope you didn't have too bad a time with the actual virus and that there are no lingering symptoms. :huggy:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've been wondering about that, myself. I asked my doctor back in March if my reaction to the vaccine would be "less severe" since I had COVID, but she didn't know. I have another friend who thinks they had COVID before the pandemic but he's not sure. He had a big reaction to the first Moderna shot, also.

Glad you're okay, though, after having COVID. :huggy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Talked to my son in Norway yesterday; the government there just imposed the third total shutdown of the country as another surge in new COVID cases rolled in. They can't catch a break. Son sent me some video clips of my granddaughter, now over a year old, walking around jabbering away... At this rate, she'll be driving a car before I ever get to see her in person.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Shutdowns here are awful for the economy. How is it playing out there? Businesses going under? Government relief? Just curious...

It's wreaking havoc, of course. I just learned yesterday that the parent corporation of our main shipyard customer in Norway just sold off their entire "retail" unit, which included all Norway Starbucks and a number of other well-known franchises. A lot of ship's equipment comes from Norway; we're involved in several projects in other countries - Taiwan for example - where the Norwegian suppliers have invoked "Force Majeure" clauses and nobody knows when the required equipment will be delivered....putting the whole build on hold.

My son is a regional IT manager for Microsoft...so he's doing fine and been working from home for over a year now. He and wife bought a new-to-them house outside of Stavanger that overlooks the fjord....they've had lots of time on their hands for home improvement projects but a lot of difficulty getting the materials to do it.

It sounds like reactions are very different from patient to patient depending on what antibodies they already carry. Moderna is what my primary care doctor offered and is probably the one I will eventually get. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope you didn't have too bad a time with the actual virus and that there are no lingering symptoms. :huggy:
My first COVID symptom was a low grade fever that spiked to 102.9 dropped to 101 next day. Had fever of 100 to 101 for 7 days. Lost taste and smell on 4th day. Bothe started coming back when fever broke on day 8. No chest congestion or breathing issues. No long term issues. Actually felt better than ever.