Do you have a passport?

Do you have a passport

• No

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 68.2%
  • Its a government plot to track you

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I have to have one due to work related travel.

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

bcp

In My Opinion
Just curious because I dont, and never have had one and currently have no intention of getting one.

blacklabman

You should get one even if you don't plan on needing it. MD driver's may not be accepted as an ID due to illegals getting them.

bcp

In My Opinion
You should get one even if you don't plan on needing it. MD driver's may not be accepted as an ID due to illegals getting them.

My first choice would be to move out of the state and back to the U.S earlier than currently planned ( 8 years)

bcp

In My Opinion
I've never travelled outside the U.S.. Don't really plan to.

I have, but since the passport has been required, I have not. And dont plan to.

If I want to mingle with people that cant speak english, all I have to do is take a trip down to annapolis.

mamatutu

mama to two

If I want to mingle with people that cant speak english, all I have to do is take a trip down to annapolis.

:yay: Or Montgomery County MD! Yes, I, my hub, and kids have passports.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

:spank: at one time YOUR ancestors probably didn't speak English either ...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My daughter and I got ours 3 years ago for a trip we didn't go on, but we'll be using them in November. :yahoo:

bcp

In My Opinion
:spank: at one time YOUR ancestors probably didn't speak English either ...

Yes, but since on my mothers side they were here before the U.S was invaded and turned into a country, that does not count.
and on my fathers side, on half did, the other half spoke German, but quickly learned English in order to survive,,

and, nobody in my family snuck in and just took up residency while expecting others already here to learn another language to make it easier for them to collect government handouts.

I have no need for anyone that cant speak english. Since its a requirement to be a citizen its a pretty clear indication of their illegal status.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

Being born/raised in NY then living in DC for 2 years prior to moving here, I've often felt that there were more English speaking people in the Carribean than where I lived. :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
Being born/raised in NY then living in DC for 2 years prior to moving here, I've often felt that there were more English speaking people in the Carribean than where I lived. :lol:

Went to McDonalds the other night in Annapolis,
tried to place an order, girl (spanish) asked me to speak slower, I told her to listen faster.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Yes, but since on my mothers side they were here before the U.S was invaded and turned into a country, that does not count.
and on my fathers side, on half did, the other half spoke German, but quickly learned English in order to survive,,

and, nobody in my family snuck in and just took up residency while expecting others already here to learn another language to make it easier for them to collect government handouts.

I have no need for anyone that cant speak english. Since its a requirement to be a citizen its a pretty clear indication of their illegal status.

Completely agree with everything you said. Come here legally and adapt accordingly.....WELCOME TO AMERICA! Come here illegally and destroy our country...GET THE HELL OUT!

Toxick

Splat
I don't currently have one, but I need to get one, because my new job involves some international travel.

Yup, I've had it for several years now (had to redo it last year with my married name)...we like to travel, obviously out of the country.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I do not agree for a minute that they are all out for government handouts. So far those that I have met were nice hard working people that WERE learning the language and DID want to become a citizen. Most I know already are citizens and pay taxes just like you and I do. AND learning a language does not happen fast. It takes years of immersion, and not all of us learn at the same rate either.

I've been trying to learn Spanish since high school. I never retained much of what I learned because I had no one to speak Spanish with around to help me. Now I do, so I am learning albeit slowly. I have been lazy about learning the language, but if I went to Mexico and had English speaking folks to interact with, I bet I wouldn't learn Spanish very fast.

I also have ancestors from Germany, and some of my other ancestors were American Indian, so I really feel like I BELONG here LOL But I'm not opposed to being open to others. The more resistant you are to change, the shorter your life will be (that ole "stress kills" theory).

I have a friend who came here from Germany and she did learn the language, although she was hard to understand due to her German accent. She went on the become a citizen, was never in any government program for assistance, just got her PhD in School, and she paid for every penny of tuition in cash while working to pay for tuition. She's certainly a good addition to the taxpayers of this Country.

It's hard to take a Country full of immigrants like the USA and say no to a certain ethnic group NOW. So are we saying if you immigrated prior to 1965 it's ok? but after then, no? How do you draw the line without being racist?

bcp

In My Opinion
I do not agree for a minute that they are all out for government handouts. So far those that I have met were nice hard working people that WERE learning the language and DID want to become a citizen. Most I know already are citizens and pay taxes just like you and I do. AND learning a language does not happen fast. It takes years of immersion, and not all of us learn at the same rate either.

I've been trying to learn Spanish since high school. I never retained much of what I learned because I had no one to speak Spanish with around to help me. Now I do, so I am learning albeit slowly. I have been lazy about learning the language, but if I went to Mexico and had English speaking folks to interact with, I bet I wouldn't learn Spanish very fast.

I also have ancestors from Germany, and some of my other ancestors were American Indian, so I really feel like I BELONG here LOL But I'm not opposed to being open to others. The more resistant you are to change, the shorter your life will be (that ole "stress kills" theory).

I have a friend who came here from Germany and she did learn the language, although she was hard to understand due to her German accent. She went on the become a citizen, was never in any government program for assistance, just got her PhD in School, and she paid for every penny of tuition in cash while working to pay for tuition. She's certainly a good addition to the taxpayers of this Country.

It's hard to take a Country full of immigrants like the USA and say no to a certain ethnic group NOW. So are we saying if you immigrated prior to 1965 it's ok? but after then, no? How do you draw the line without being racist?

How do you draw the line without being racist???
how about this silly idea.
COME THE F IN THE LEGAL WAY.

Im sorry but if they are hear illegally, then I have no respect concern or desire to help them. They can rot in the damn street without medical care or food for all I care.
We have immigration laws, follow them.

Go to Annapolis and just look at all the beaners in the public housing. I would rejoice if someone were to napalm that whole area one night.