Do You Have Something That Will Kill 200 People

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WPTV in West Palm Beach:

Port St. Lucie police are asking the public to help identify a man who asked a Walmart clerk about buying a weapon that can kill a large number of people...​
"Can you sell me anything (or a gun) that would kill 200 people?" the man asked.​
The clerk replied, "That isn't funny," and the man responded, "I know," and asked again if they could sell him anything that would kill 200 people.​

In time-honored liberal fashion, this genius ended up proving the exact opposite of what he intended to prove. His point was supposed to be that people planning a mass-murder can just walk into a gun shop and get what they want. But instead, what happened when he told the clerk he wanted to kill a bunch of people? He got a scolding from the clerk, and then a visit from the cops. His threat was taken seriously. And now the whole world knows what an idiot he is.

Attey says he wanted Walmart to "wake up and think about their role in the gun violence toxic climate that we have." And now he's shown their role: Helping to stop potential threats, like the one he made, from being carried out. He did exactly the wrong thing, and they did exactly the right thing.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/gun-vi...asks-for-something-that-will-kill-200-people/

:killingme

This_person

The clerk should have directed him to any car dealership, or the knife section, or the local hospital (where medical malpractice and mistakes take more than ten lives per person killed by someone else's gun), or the frozen food section of Walmart and pointed out the ice cream selection, or.....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The clerk should have taken him around the store while the cops were enroute and shown him the Clorox, Drano, tylenol, chainsaws, axes, machetes, kitchen knives, rubbing alcohol.... That way they'd have had plenty of evidence with his finger prints in the cart. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's my understanding that Walmart hasn't sold firearms in years. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It's my understanding that Walmart hasn't sold firearms in years. Correct me if I'm wrong.
They do, but it's mostly cheap junk.

Bottom of the line Mossberg shotguns, cheap .22 rifles for kids, low end bolt action rifles.

The one thing walmart is good for is cheap 12ga shells for busting clays and cheap .22lr plinking ammo.

herb749

Looks like something he did to get on TV or able to post on social media. The cops talked to him and released him. Gives him time to think up his next stunt.

officeguy

Is that where Baltimores Upstanding Citizen bought this?

Looks like an 'Obrez' pistol fashioned from a Mosin Nagant rifle. But then, why the shotgun shells ? Not that many bolt action shotguns that one could molest into something that looks like this. Interesting.

But no, Walmart doesn't sell that. They used to have cheap basic ARs, until some mass shooting panicked them into pulling those. Occasionally they have a Ruger 'Ranch Rifle'. Other than that, basic shotguns, basic bolt action rifles with composite stocks. They sell the Winchester 'white box' pistol ammo and a basic assortment of rifle ammo and shotgun shells.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
FWIW, I thought I read this morning that the dude in question says he was making an anti-gun statement and that his attempt to do so backfired; was ill-advised and poorly thought out.

--- End of line (MCP)